Does pollution kill independent of disease?

Rozalia

I spent a long time at 0 disease and 0 pollution and my pop numbers were always even. Now I've got a couple of cities with 0 disease but with a little bit of pollution and my pop numbers are odd. So is pollution reducing my population even though the disease rate is at 0?

Pollution causes Disease, which kills your Population.

So to answer your question, at least from my understanding of the mechanics, Pollution should not be killing Population independently of Disease.

These should help you manually work out what your population should be:

Disease Rate = ((((((Infrastructure * 100) / Land) ^ 2) * 0.01) - 25) / 100) + ((Infrastructure * 100) / 100000) + (Pollution Index * 0.05) + (Number Of Hospitals * 0.025)

Crime Rate = ((((103 - Commerce Rate) ^ 2) + (Infrastructure * 100)) / 111111) - (Number Of Police Stations * 0.025)

Population Lost to Crime = MAX((((Crime Rate / 10) * (Infrastructure * 100)) - 25), 0)

City Population = ((Infrastructure * 100) - ((Disease Rate / 10) + ((Infrastructure * 100) / 10)) - Population Lost to Crime) * (1 + (City Age in Days / 3000))

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

population lost from disease is all about disease rate and not pollution rate - although disease rate uses pollution rate as part of that parent calculation

https://politicsandwar.com/api/city/id=17442 

this is a city of mine that demonstrates that it is disease rate and not pollution rate.

this city has 77 pollution but 0 disease and thus 0 people being killed from disease. land and hospitals. land and hospitals are the primary function behind the pollution to disease rate. in the linked city above, 3600 infra with 2174.89 land and 4 hospitals allows for me to have up to 78 pollution points before it kills anyone. for a 1700 infra city with 1 hospital and 2500 land the 'free' pollution you can have is 11. at 1800 it is 8 and 1900 it is 5