So insulting a religion now gets warning points?

Spite

Apparently I got a warning point of insulting Islam. I don't want to go all daily mail... But what the !@#$?

• Upvote 6

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

Apparently I got a warning point of insulting Islam. I don't want to go all daily mail... But what the !@#$?

If I remember correctly - the post in question was not just insulting a religion, because there have been many posts that have insulted religion on these forums, but it was more angled at the person who celebrates that religion, thus an insult at religion with an angled insult at the player you were speaking to/of. 

Our discussion within the report deemed it fit to hand out a warn to you. 

Be careful in the future in structuring your responses.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

If I remember correctly - the post in question was not just insulting a religion, because there have been many posts that have insulted religion on these forums, but it was more angled at the person who celebrates that religion, thus an insult at religion with an angled insult at the player you were speaking to/of. 

Our discussion within the report deemed it fit to hand out a warn to you. 

Be careful in the future in structuring your responses.

You are incorrect, and considering you are the one who approved the warn point your lack of knowledge about what it is you were warning me for is worrying.

This is the post in question, none of which relates to the person practicing it and everything to do with the religion and it's founder:

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11562-nationalising-the-sex-industry/page-2#entry215763

If this is criticising Abu, it's only criticising him for his beliefs not him as a person. I insist if you warn me for this you warn every occasion where someone's political or religious beliefs are insulted.

The exact wording of my warning was:

Spite,

Your comment was an insult against a religion, attacking them for that religion. That will not be tolerated at all, and you have been given a warn point for your comment.

Confirmed by Four

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

You are incorrect, and considering you are the one who approved the warn point your lack of knowledge about what it is you were warning me for is worrying.

This is the post in question, none of which relates to the person practicing it and everything to do with the religion and it's founder:

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11562-nationalising-the-sex-industry/page-2#entry215763

If this is criticising Abu, it's only criticising him for his beliefs not him as a person. I insist if you warn me for this you warn every occasion where someone's political or religious beliefs are insulted.

The exact wording of my warning was:

Spite,

Your comment was an insult against a religion, attacking them for that religion. That will not be tolerated at all, and you have been given a warn point for your comment.

Confirmed by Four

Regardless of what you feel is wrong or right - we discussed and found that you were in the wrong. Period. 

Like I said, structure your responses more carefully next time. 

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC