Nations and IP Suggestion

Dwemyrn

• Like gmail, Politics&War should be able to generate a list of when someone logs in, what browser they log in from and the ip that is associated with the account.

• Due to an IP not being allowed to be showed when someone clicks on the special code on nation page it should show the two nations on the same ip, logging the time (logging in and out) and browser, forming a time card.

• The browser would be significant because siblings with two different laptops would most likely use the same browser (most likely chrome). Because you can not log in at the same time on the same browser even with a proxy.

• To properly consider different browsers compare the time. Those within a certain time frame are most likely the same person.

• On a school network internet explorer and Chrome are most popular but the time will be largely scattered.

• In the event there is proof of a multi a "flag for review" button should be available on the time card. That will notify sheepy.

Sorry if the idea is rambly as Kat and I were kinda discussing ways to go about, but an idea typically isn't well organized to begin with.

Here is an example below of what I am talking about:

KQwXqg7.png

Edited by Ansom

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Also there should be an additional option where a player can send a notice to the game admin, and let the admin know they may be on an ip with someone on occassion. i.e. maybe you're best friend got your into the game, so when you hang out, you end up being on the same ip for a short while. The admin would be able to review it and determine if these are two separate people or conspiring multis, etc. This may include sheepy messaging the people to schedule some sort interview. idk. 

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I'm sure Sheepy already records logins into the game. It's also already pretty simple to just open two instances of Chrome and login to your nation. If you were to run muiltis, you could easily login through those two instances of that browser on the same computer. I don't see how this will be exactly useful. It is also possible to spoof browsers as well, making it a poor way of catching muiltis.

I feel like sending a notice about being on the same IP could be done via the forum PMs or via in game messaging. It seems a little silly to go to the effort of coding it when these options exist already.

Edited by Omnipotent

• Administrators

I don't know why you don't think I capture information in this way already. Are you asking me to make it public for everyone to see? Do you really want everyone to know your IP address, what browser you use, what time(s) you login, and your location?

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't know why you don't think I capture information in this way already. Are you asking me to make it public for everyone to see? Do you really want everyone to know your IP address, what browser you use, what time(s) you login, and your location?

If that's the case then I can't say I support this. Private information on the players should remain in the hands of the admins only, I'm no legal expert, but it's possible exposing such information could also be in violation of data protection laws in some parts of the world.

Certain members of the community could easily use such information for malicious purposes as well.

Edited by Omnipotent

When I sketched out the bullet points I stated since IP cannot be public, Nation name would be the substitute. Most of the coding already exists it would just be a matter of adding time logged in and out. The game already shows when you last logged out. Location was never mentioned, Only IP would give that away. Again, I am not opting for IP to be shown. Browser is optional, it would be beneficial but I suppose in some cases evil can be done with that information.

Why I thought it would be a good idea to make it public? Well the community already reports multis. Sheepy, all though you have access to the information can not possibly review all of it. It would narrow down and save time. If you are only using the server for that information though, it is bound to have holes.

I'm sure Sheepy already records logins into the game. It's also already pretty simple to just open two instances of Chrome and login to your nation. If you were to run muiltis, you could easily login through those two instances of that browser on the same computer. I don't see how this will be exactly useful. It is also possible to spoof browsers as well, making it a poor way of catching muiltis.

I feel like sending a notice about being on the same IP could be done via the forum PMs or via in game messaging. It seems a little silly to go to the effort of coding it when these options exist already.

Could you log into the same browser? Yes, those are obvious multis. Could you spoof the browser? Not familiar with the term. I know with proxies IP will most likely rapidly change because not all proxies can do captchas or other functions. Could you operate a proxy through a website to use the same browser? Yes, but again that is why a time card would be helpful. Logging in rapidly without the game timing out would suggest an Admin should check for a change in IP. Could someone log out and forget something so they log back in a second later? Yes, but like all things there would need to be a pattern to form a speculation.

Hdh3TqS.gif