add pollution to military improvements

Hereno

it really doesn't make sense to me how a barracks full of thousands of people who eat and shit every day can have 0 pollution

a factory that makes tanks should not have 0 pollution when a factory that makes steel has 20

air force bases are literally giant strips of pavement put on otherwise good land that burn actual jet fuel

and docks and shipping in general pollutes the shit out of water

meanwhile, the hospital gives off pollution, even though hospitals cure people who are !@#$ed up because of pollution

you could keep the same game balance by giving hospitals a modest decrease to pollution, but adding minor increases because of military improvements.

hospital -20

barracks +1

factory +5

air force +3

drydocks +2

if you want to keep military balanced, give us like 10 pollution for each nuke and 5 for each missile, or something. it might also be worth looking into making the pollution reduction cost from recycling centers a bit higher, since that's their only real function. like 100-150.

Edited by Hierophant
  • Upvote 3

Pollution doesn't seem to cover radioactive substances, which is why Nuclear Power Plants have no pollution.

If anything, I'd add another nation stat, called "Radiation Background Level", which would also reduce population slightly. Lower the pollution for Hospitals and have it increase background radiation slightly instead (as hospitals use radioactive isotopes and such). Give Nuclear Power Plants a big boost to background radiation, to drop population enough to discourage it being built sub 1k infra, but not as noticeable once up around 1.5k infra.

I'd also have Missiles and Nuclear Weapons, raise the background radiation for every city (small amount for missiles, larger for nukes), as they are not specifically built in any one city.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Pollution doesn't seem to cover radioactive substances, which is why Nuclear Power Plants have no pollution.

If anything, I'd add another nation stat, called "Radiation Background Level", which would also reduce population slightly. Lower the pollution for Hospitals and have it increase background radiation slightly instead (as hospitals use radioactive isotopes and such). Give Nuclear Power Plants a big boost to background radiation, to drop population enough to discourage it being built sub 1k infra, but not as noticeable once up around 1.5k infra.

I'd also have Missiles and Nuclear Weapons, raise the background radiation for every city (small amount for missiles, larger for nukes), as they are not specifically built in any one city.

i don't feel like thinking about the numbers but i like the idea of having radiation in the game somehow

Nukes give off pollution?

they have to be stored and you can't exactly just leave 'em laying in a field somewhere. that goes for missiles too

plus, nuclear waste can stay radioactive for hundreds, thousands, millions? of years, and that has to be stored somewhere too. although i think that applies more to nuclear power plants than nukes themselves

all of that said i'm not too attached to that part of the proposal. it's probably the weakest one.

Edited by Hierophant