1/12/2016 - New Anti-Cheating Measures

Alex

That's exactly the point. If there was an easy foolproof way to solve multis, I'd do it. And technically there is - I could verify everyone's identity by making you upload a copy of your government IDs, give me your social security numbers, and a CC number, but how many people would really want to play then? Plus, I don't want all your information.

If you do this, then you won't ever have to rely on donations! ;P
  • Upvote 3
RollSheepy.png

On the topic of hotel Wi-Fi, I will make one note. Due to the way corporate networks are laid out and the fact that almost every hotel makes you go throught their portal (and thus, through their proxy) to get to the internet, it is highly likely that a small pool of IP's (or possibly just one IP, hello NAT!) serve entire hotel chains, and in the case of the mega hotel groups (like IHG), possibly several different chains. It is increases the possiblity of a conflict significantly when all you have to do is stay at the same chain as someone else and suddenly you can't trade, or more importantly, declare war on them. It is for this reason alone that there should be expirations, and that's not even counting countries with small IP spaces, people who logon from their work, and public Wi-Fi, all of which have the likelihood of encountering a situation where one, or very few IPs service many computers connecting to the internet. As an example, I work in networking at the company I work for and all 15,000 or so of our computers access the internet via a single IP.

• Upvote 2

also, wouldnt this be an issue for people going to a big university? I suppose that this would also make it so that I would not want to share this game with any of my friends, as there would be a chance that they access the university's wifi and i can never trade with them

• Administrators

also, wouldnt this be an issue for people going to a big university? I suppose that this would also make it so that I would not want to share this game with any of my friends, as there would be a chance that they access the university's wifi and i can never trade with them

Whereas previously, you might have traded with them accidentally and been banned for multis.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic