How should society deal with the obese problem? Or: The Plague of the Modern Age

Moloko

To begin, obesity as disgusts me for more than how aesthetically unattractive it is, but it is also for the social-economic issues it creates, I believe and feel validated by the statistical truths that it is only a tiny fraction of human beings who have genetic conditions that would make it difficult for them to maintain a healthy body and cause it to be relatively easy to gain weight, and even then those conditions can almost always be managed to the point that there is no excuse for anyone to weigh over 250Ibs (unless you're crazy tall, I'd suppose,) let alone attain the disgusting mass that is over 300Ibs and is becoming ever more common in the United States. Of course, I do recognize that many were raised to be fat, which is an awful condition that I find very sympathetic, having parents that are clueless how to properly feed a child and choose to load it with foods that contribute nothing to it's development and too much of them. But as of late, it's even hard to be sympathetic for ones like that, when the go on the internet and try to justify themselves in ways that are at once hilarious for how ridiculously false they are, but also sickening in how dumb these and those in their groups must be to believe such nonsense.

I'm talking about the likes of "Healthy at any Size" which is a supposed lifestyle many of these blobs (and unsurprisingly many, if not most of the most vocal ones are women, and also feminists) try to support and justify. This is a sizable and highly vocal group of people trying to preach that there is nothing unhealthy about being 400Ibs and 5'5", and like the pigs their followers are, they just gobble this !@#$ up, many of them refusing to listen to their doctors, and claiming that society discriminates against them on account of their weight. And this is where we get to the likes of This is Thin Privilege, which is essentially the face of the fat social justice movement, which in itself is probably the most ridiculous and hilarious of all the Tumblrette movements, as any person who isn't a fool doing mental gymnastics to justify their disgusting lifestyle and habits should realize that obesity is not something people are born with, is certainly not a disease, and can be worked off through changing your lifestyle. 

If I wanted to, I could go on for pages and pages about what these people are about, but you should be able to get a fairly decent idea of it and be able to check it out yourself if you choose, but the most common sort of stuff is who they get dirty looks, treating any time anyone even mentions weight as a direct insult, even if they overhear a family member or colleague, and !@#$ about how the world isn't made for land whales and how they can't ever find high street fashion that fits them or fit in airplane seats, and of course regarding the title, how people who aren't fat are "More priviliged" than those who are, because these people seriously believe that they can't change their weight and that being fat isn't a life choice, and they often do compare it to gender, sexuality, or race. In regards to that, it's almost surprising how all the other Tumblrinas haven't mobbed them, but I guess it wouldn't be like them to ever have a rational thought. 

But to the question at hand, how should society deal with it as obesity rates soar? In my humble and personal opinion, I think we -should- discriminate against people who live a life to grow obese. I think the aforementioned SJW movement around fatties could easily be compared if I started a blog about how people who don't smoke cigarettes are move privileged than me, and how the whole world should accommodate me because I was born with a nicotine addiction, or likewise with other drugs or frankly and life choice or habit that society generally recognizes as being unhealthy, unattractive, and a sign of being a weaker person.

So if I were an employer, I wouldn't ever want to hire a fat person, because why should I trust my business to somebody who can't even control their own life? 

If I were a landlord, I wouldn't rent to fat people, because why would I trust them to look after my property when they can't look after their own body? (I consider this point especially valid, when you take into account, anecdotal or not how common it is for the morbidly obese ones to live in revolting conditions in which they rarely clean nor engage in personal hygiene.)

I think buses and taxis should make the obese pay a percentage higher than regular people on account of how the vehicle must work half or even twice as hard and spend more gas when transporting a passenger who weighs twice that of an average 110-180IB person. This especially goes with airplanes, which is already a subject of hot debate. Of course I agree that the fat ones should have to pay for two seats, it's just like with the other transport, but moving an airplane costs far more in fuel, so it should be that individual's responsibility to pay more. 

As I personally believe in socialized medicine, I believe that across the board people who weigh so much that they put themselves at health risk (and refuse to make effort to improve their lifestyles, barring mental illness,) should be taxed more across the board, including the causes these people indulge in, such as unhealthy fast food, soft drinks, foods that are high in empty sugars, etc... 

I don't know if any of this will come to pass, obviously some of it is more likely than other parts, but what I do know is that if I'm ever confronted with any of this "Fatlogic", I'll spit real logic right back at that and make sure they know that they're nothing but degenerate filth that only has themselves to blame. 

6IQgdRI.gif

There's no single approach to obesity.

Education: keep it simple - if you consume more calories than your body burns, you gain weight.

Exercise: design cities to make it easier to walk or bike, even if it's only to the nearest bus stop or metro station.

Diet: keep junk food out of schools so children have a chance of developing balanced food habits.

Marketing: use the approaches that have already been successful (in the developed world, at least) against tobacco.

Longer term, you can't escape that obesity, smoking, crime, etc. are strongly correlated to income and education level. A more equitable income distribution and greater social mobility will reduce the problem.

6hu5nt.jpg

Take the tariff off of natural sugars and stop taxing the !@#$ out of the sugar industry so that corn syrup is the better way to go in the end. If we used actual sugar instead of this syrup crap, then our soda and most food in general would taste better and be much healthier.

So, Moloko, essentially, you wish to oppress a group of people because they do things differently than yourself? Sounds rather hypocritical coming from you.

Anyways, if obese people wish to be obese, than they should be allowed to. They have as much of a right to live their life as they wish as anyone else does.

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Does anyone here truly understand the feeling that you get from being bullied?
Have you even seen it?

I think that what you are doing is wrong. You're trying to tell someone how to live their life. That obese person understands the health risks that come from obesity, and they choose not to do something about it.

This angers me more than it should and I would really like for something to be done to this before some !@#$ comes up and tries to make a joke about obesity.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

You people are all part of the problem. 

Hey man, look down, your fascist is showing.

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

This angers me more than it should and I would really like for something to be done to this before some !@#$ comes up and tries to make a joke about obesity.

I would but it is too big a task.

• Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win