Away Games vs. Home Games Differ

naTia

This sounds a bit ridiculous and borderline conspiracy theory, but I genuinely think that away games play out differently than home games. This seems to make no sense because someone has to host and someone has to be the away team, but what I think differs is that home teams have the advantage. Given my past experience playing games, I have not won a single "even" away challenge match, but the most surprising was the closeness in score when queuing for away games versus home games. I had been doing maybe 40 home games when I decided to try to see the payout of away games when I noticed that the scores went from being 14-0 to 1-0 or 2-0, even when the teams were at significantly lower scores. I didn't want to queue anymore away games again because of the simple risk of having someone get a lucky run or two and winning. I made this less to complain about a problem in the coding, as I'm not sure what it could be, but rather to see if anyone else has noticed something similar.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

• Administrators

I've simulated lots and lots of games for tournaments, and I can tell you this isn't true.

Not to mention I wrote the code, and it's basically just a big function - there's no advantage given to either team. There's a lot of randomness with the stats used as modifiers (to reduce the randomness in order to produce more desirable results).

I think that if you continue to play lots of away games, you'll find that you're sure to win some.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Number of games in the DB where the home team won: 13208

Number of games in the DB where the away team won: 15046

Does that set your mind at ease?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Number of games in the DB where the home team won: 13208[/size]

Number of games in the DB where the away team won: [/size]15046[/size]

Does that set your mind at ease?

No. We arent saying who win/loss more. We're saying the games (when at home) are closer in score, or hugely in your favor rather then the away games. At least, thats what I have noticed.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators

No. We arent saying who win/loss more. We're saying the games (when at home) are closer in score, or hugely in your favor rather then the away games. At least, thats what I have noticed.

How can that be when statistically the away team wins 14% more often?

Forums Rules | Game Link

That doesn't really make sense though since your home game would be someone else's away game. Unless we are playing bots I think this observation is just something that will eventually converge to the average

@ first it I thought it was but not until I seen this meaningless glitch that happened to me in away game between me and bombers below. a 100 rating destroying another 100 rating like this and this happened when my wifi signal went weak taking 3 mins to load, giving me this crushing loss.

08/19/2015 04:16 am Suikoden Dragoons defaultlogo.png 100.00 0 Rosewood bombers defaultlogo.png 100.00 53 View

s

Edited by Ezio Auditore

that game is really weird. i haven't really looked at these that closely but if im reading this correctly i see the bombers only pitching to 2 batters during the whole game, and there are multiple innings that closed without 3 outs

edit: i looked at my most recent game:

https://politicsandwar.com/obl/game/id=30832

and it shows some weird characterizations as well. the 5th & 8th inning never happened, and many other innings are ending on walks/hits 

edit 2: when you actually go to the simulation portion of the recap things look complete

Edited by seabasstion

that game is really weird. i haven't really looked at these that closely but if im reading this correctly i see the bombers only pitching to 2 batters during the whole game, and there are multiple innings that closed without 3 outs

edit: i looked at my most recent game:

https://politicsandwar.com/obl/game/id=30832

and it shows some weird characterizations as well. the 5th & 8th inning never happened, and many other innings are ending on walks/hits 

edit 2: when you actually go to the simulation portion of the recap things look complete

yeah, some innings does not show up ever since yesterday as I seen in some tournament games.  I think it shortens so the page does not become long as it use to last week but seeing how some of my innings were outrageously long, there is a glitch in OBL simulation. So sheepy, can you take a look @ this glitch as well make sure there is no glitch when you simulate tournament games today. thanks.

here is another glitch where I beat badgers...The 6th inning has 3 strike outs with no batters ever batting on both teams....  https://politicsandwar.com/obl/game/id=30401

Edited by Ezio Auditore

• Administrators

There is no glitch, I only changed the highlights not to record when someone is struck out. If you click "Show/Hide" under "Complete Game Simulation" you'll be able to see everything.

I'll turn the strikeouts back on for highlights, though, too.

Forums Rules | Game Link