Show farm revenues before purchase

Pax

So this is a fairly simple little thing, but there should be a way to tell exactly how much food a farm will produce without running the formulas all yourself. When you're looking at buying a farm, there could be a line that just runs the numbers and tells you exactly how much food that farm would make with your current land size and projects.

• Upvote 4

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

It's hardly "running formulas".  It's an incredibly simple division of Land/250 (unless you have mass irrigation which doesn't make the calculation any more difficult).  Only change to that is 1.2 factor for summer and 0.8 factor for winter but in terms of making any long term decisions you can just ignore those factors as they even out.

I don't think dumbing everything down so that nobody has to think about anything is a good idea.  I like that if you want to optimise your build you have to work it out.  That way those who have the knowledge, experience or are simply willing to put in a little effort will be able to progress a little better than some others.

Games should reward activity, effort and knowledge otherwise it's basically the same as playing one of your console games on beginner level.  No achievement at all.  Especially with multiplayer games like this where you want to be better than your opponents.

It's hardly "running formulas".  It's an incredibly simple division of Land/250 (unless you have mass irrigation which doesn't make the calculation any more difficult).  Only change to that is 1.2 factor for summer and 0.8 factor for winter but in terms of making any long term decisions you can just ignore those factors as they even out.

It is extraordinarily simple, and it's something that more or less everyone can do / already does. That's the entire reason for the suggestion.

Yes, while it does ever so slightly benefit some people who are more willing to run formulas, realistically it's just making things more difficult for the sake of it. The players who don't run formulas just go "oh, I need more food, I'm going to build more farms", followed with them building more farms one by one until they have the amount of revenue they want. The players who do go "oh, I need more food, and I know exactly how many farms to build now", and they build them and reach more or less the same end result. The only slight advantage some players gain from it is gaining higher revenue if they're making food to sell and it's appropriate for their nation, but that's a different case and still requires further number-running on the user's part to determine what the most profitable form of income would be.

Having the amount of food displayed removes some tedium from every player in the game, in exchange for a small minority losing a negligibly small edge over the competition. Not to mention that this feature is already covered by off-game calcs that people who don't feel like running formulas already use.

Edited by Pax

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

• Wiki Mod

Yay for candyland rules. 

Anyways, that small edge you think is unimportant, actually is important. By itself its minor, but overtime it can lead to large differences.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid