Password Reset

Lamia

So I updated the email address I use for the game and got the confirmation email and the notice that the password had been reset to something random, which I understand for security purposes. All good. However, now I cannot change the random password to anything else. Is there some sort of 24 hour cool down before I can change the password to something normal or is this a bug? I've copy pasted the random password in and it says "You did not enter your current password correctly." I've typed it in carefully by hand and it says "You did not enter your current password correctly." So not sure what's going on exactly. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Administrators

I just updated my password on the account page no problem. https://politicsandwar.com/account/

Maybe the issue was that you were copying and pasting the password?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't think so because again, I carefully typed it out as well.  Is it possible that it was an unintended affect of a randomized password that was generated by the email change? Or to be clearer, when you did it, did you first change your email or did you just do it from the account? I don't know a lot about programming, far, far less then you do I guarantee it, but I do know that sometimes starting the same path at a different point can have a different result.

Edited by Lamia

• Administrators

I don't think so because again, I carefully typed it out as well.  Is it possible that it was an unintended affect of a randomized password that was generated by the email change? Or to be clearer, when you did it, did you first change your email or did you just do it from the account? I don't know a lot about programming, far, far less then you do I guarantee it, but I do know that sometimes starting the same path at a different point can have a different result.

I just went to the account page and changed my password without changing my e-mail. Were you able to login with the new password generated after you changed your e-mail?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link