Naval Blockade Query

Wallace Bruce

I had a number of naval blockades on other nations.

One nation launched a successful airstrike  though it didn't destroy any of my ships,

It lifted my blockade against that nation and all others as well

I have blockaded them all again but am sure this isn't supposed to happen and am waiting for a single airstrike to lift them all again

Is this right or is there a slight bug with this?

The air attack didn't destroy any of my ships:

"

Statesman-In-Chief ordered a dogfight airstrike upon the nation of Scotlandia. The attack was an immense triumph. Statesman-In-Chief forces lost 8 aircraft, while President Wallace Bruce's defenders lost 20 aircraft. The attack destroyed 4.70 infrastructure in the city of Shiptoon.

No ships were destroyed but the attack lifted the blockade on their nation and 4 other nations.

This meant all the nations in the war were free to trade and re-arm and launch counter attacks until they were blockaded again.

I thought ALL ships had to be destroyed by an airstrike to lift a blockade  OR a nation had to achieve a naval victory to lift a blockade

Will see if their next air assault does the same thing but it seems to be a bug

• Administrators

This isn't how the game is intended to work, and I'm pretty certain it doesn't work this way. After http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6920-ships-vanished-bug/I'd like to see someone else confirm that this is happening before assuming it actually is.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

That's what happened this morning/last night.

Today the airstrike destroyed all ships and aircraft and lifted the blockade - I expected that (even if it was huge destruction for one airstrike)

But there could still be an issue of airstrikes (that don't destroy any ships) are having the effect of lifting all blockades

I could build up ships and test again but will take some time :-)

Once am out of this war, I'll try and set up a test battle with another two nations - blockade them and see if an airstrike (not destroying any ships) again lifts the blockade on the other two nations.... will report back, but that is what happened this time, giving the other nations an unfair advantage - which of course, they used (who wouldn't?)