Should guns be banned?

Nordland II

I have a question for those who want more restrictions on gun ownership:

What specific changes would you make (and where, and how) to attempt to lower gun crime? Like, what do you think is the correct course of action here?

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just as language becomes obsolete and needs to be updated - "shall not be infringed" :) - so do ideas and rules. Today's US Americans live in a world that is very different to how it was at the end of colonial times.

i think some people are forgetting why us Americans have the right and the reason. in our day in age i think it's time to understand and look back at what the real reasons why we left England and then look at world war 2 where Hitler took away guns and when some of the German citizens realized what was happening it was too late to defend themselves. Now look at our government. it's over extending it's power where it shouldn't belong. I'm not saying start a revolution. one of which I want to avoid. i don't like bloodshed nor do i want my fellow countrymen going against one another. I'm just pointing the reason why we are allowed to and should maintain the right to own firearms.

Might want to ask the schools who don't teach or teach a warped view of the constitution.

Luckily my cousin goes to a private school with an ex-navy vet as their American history teacher. 

Just as language becomes obsolete and needs to be updated - "shall not be infringed" :) - so do ideas and rules. Today's US Americans live in a world that is very different to how it was at the end of colonial times.

Alright. Let's get rid of this outdated article known as the United States Constitution. We don't need freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of the speech, freedom from unlawful search, trials, and protection from being tortured. All of these are extreme progressive white old men of the past.  ;)

Whatever. Just remember to 

Save a life 

Bin that knife.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Alright. Let's get rid of this outdated article known as the United States Constitution. We don't need freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of the speech, freedom from unlawful search, trials, and protection from being tortured. All of these are extreme progressive white old men of the past.  ;)

I imagine the same argument was made by some when the abolition of slavery and giving women the right to vote were proposed. Times change and you have to decide how long it's worth fighting against the current.

6hu5nt.jpg

So in your mind progress involves returning to feudal era weapon control?

How long do you think slavery will stay away when only the king his court and his army can own swords?

Take away the 2nd amendment and watch the first be ignored.

Take away the first and watch the blood flow.

The first 2 amendments are symbiotic the 1st so we don't have to use the 2nd, the 2nd so the 1st is not ignored.

Power is only checked by power for a superior morality to take root the holders must be able to meet the challengers for the plague of inferior morality is that it does not care who it hurts or kills it only understands the will to kill.

I imagine the same argument was made by some when the abolition of slavery and giving women the right to vote were proposed. Times change and you have to decide how long it's worth fighting against the current. 

I imagine the same argument was made by some when the Jewish people had to get their patches and the banning of chewing gum in Singapore were proposed. Not all new ideas are the best. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

So in your mind progress involves returning to feudal era weapon control?

How long do you think slavery will stay away when only the king his court and his army can own swords?

Take away the 2nd amendment and watch the first be ignored.

Take away the first and watch the blood flow.

The first 2 amendments are symbiotic the 1st so we don't have to use the 2nd, the 2nd so the 1st is not ignored.

Power is only checked by power for a superior morality to take root the holders must be able to meet the challengers for the plague of inferior morality is that it does not care who it hurts or kills it only understands the will to kill.

Strangely enough, none of those predictions have come true in other developed countries that have introduced gun control.

6hu5nt.jpg

Strangely enough, none of those predictions have come true in other developed countries that have introduced gun control.

Less gun crime perhaps, but more crime of other varieties. Look at Sweden right now. Rape is going through the roof, all because it wants to be a multicultural utopia. Other countries in Europe are starting to go this same way as well, and it is absolutely disgusting. Once the right to own certain types of firearms is taken away, then it will just keep going until self defense is all but illegal. 

First they will come for the MSR's, as they look the most menacing, and are often not used for hunting. The hunters in general wont really care, as they often use higher caliber rifles.

Then they will go for the 'assault shotguns' (SAIGA, M1014, tacticool 870's . . .) because they know that the hunters wont really care about them, since most of those are not that great for hunting.

tactikool pistols will be banned, and there will be increasing restrictions on pistols. This will more likely be after a shooting incident occurs, and done 'for the children'. Illegal in most places to hunt with these pistols, so no hunters will care.

Later, they will increase licensing requirements to own rifles and shotguns. They will put in an exception toward those who already have been granted a hunting liscense, so it wont bother the current hunters.

Ammunition will be increasingly taxed, making it so that many hunters start going towards bow and arrows and away from firearms.

Licenses will now need to be renewed every two years, and a reason must be given to own a gun.

Self defense is no longer a legal reason for owning a firearm.

• Upvote 2

Don't moon me bro, funny enough when i look at your pic i think banana.

I don't live in the UK but i would make a guess that this,

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/20985-self-defense-in-the-uk-is-illegal

may be why the UK has such a high violent crime rate.

Not to pick on the UK but they make a fine example of modern day first world creeping dictatorship that is not the US,

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/472791/Work-for-your-welfare-benefits-long-term-jobless-to-be-told-in-new-crackdown

It's not Slavery but it's not far off ether, I'm not a fan of welfare for many reasons this result is only one of thous reasons.

Solomon, i get the impression that you don't know and don't care what happens around you in your own words you don't fight against the current, just keep in mind freedom and the fruit of the modern world were never gained by GOING WITH THE FLOW, in fact it was going against the the current of big government, despotism, and planned economies that allowed The West and thous who followed there example to progress beyond the dark ages.

A superior morality builds a superior civilization for good morals breed trust and trust makes economies grow and innovation popular.

• Upvote 3