New Projects, Project Rebalancing, Revenue Rewrite, and Espionage Rewrite - March 2024 Update

2 hours ago, Robert2424 said:

Not sure how either new project is healthy for the game. You could honestly double or triple the costs of these projects and people are going to buy them. Not sure why you be for Buffing Nuke Turreting and pirates extorting players unless you already abuse this system. You already have alliances entire "war strategy" to sell there regular millitary and just nuke turret the enemy alliance. 

Also. Don't understand the argument of not being able to sustain building two nukes a day while blockaded. You still produce resources and donating to the game you can just get the resources you need. Not that nukes are that expensive to begin with. 

This thread and elsewhere have complained about how expensive it is. I doubt we see a mass uptake on buying this project except those over c35. Nukes scale off as the game grows, it's pretty simple really. Damaging 1 city isn't that much to someone rocking 40 cities.

You might sustain building 2 for the first round. You rapidly end up in negative income after around 3 rounds, which is difficult to juggle unless you sell off excess improvements. At which point the cost to yourself to nuke is questionable.

Donating or stacking credits is also an expensive tactic. I doubt this is done much, unless you enjoy throwing away money.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

4 hours ago, Keegoz said:

This thread and elsewhere have complained about how expensive it is. I doubt we see a mass uptake on buying this project except those over c35. Nukes scale off as the game grows, it's pretty simple really. Damaging 1 city isn't that much to someone rocking 40 cities.

You might sustain building 2 for the first round. You rapidly end up in negative income after around 3 rounds, which is difficult to juggle unless you sell off excess improvements. At which point the cost to yourself to nuke is questionable.

Donating or stacking credits is also an expensive tactic. I doubt this is done much, unless you enjoy throwing away money.

I really don't think it matters how expensive it is. People will save up for it. You'd be surprised how willing and able people are to nuke turret. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 2:14 PM, Buorhann said:

Just build your nation with Alum, Fuel, Ammo, and Uranium mines.  Jack it all up since there's no real Improvement destruction in the game.  Build all the nuke/missile projects.

Go crazy.  Color bonus and Daily income bonus (Plus the income protection you have that keeps them from being looted) plus the self sufficient improvement resources, and you can build nukes/missiles without worry about being blockaded.

You can have 50/10 Improvement slots of self-sufficiency to do this because the Infra Cap means jack shit.  Then just go to town hitting all the whales and nations out there.  Fresh built nukes/missiles are protected from being spied on.  Just check in once a day, "Oh I got 12 MAPs? Nuke."  Go back to doing other things because no matter what your target does, they can't stop you.  Sure they can fast beige you with 5 Naval/3 Ground attacks, but they're eating at least 1 nuke and 2 missiles in that time frame.  If they mess up, that's 2 nukes + whatever missiles.  If they don't beige you, well, you just beiged them and loot the hell out of them.

And if you get beiged, that's more bonus income and the ability to resupply yourself if needed.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

This balance/game design team is stupid.

"But the projects are expensive" - Please...  Anybody can get those within weeks, if not days.

"What's your solution to this, Hippo?"  Well, one solution is that any improvements over infra level cap should have increased destruction chances.  Don't jack up the color bonus and inflate MORE free income into the game.  That's beyond stupidity.  Remove the spy protection from nukes and missiles or remove these projects in the game.  Could also lower the income protection limit that can't be looted.

All of these ideas people will hate, but they're necessary to maintain a balance.

On 4/7/2024 at 1:39 PM, Buorhann said:

This is fricking stupid.  Increasing color bonus, bringing in projects that further help the nuke raiding meta without any kind of consequences or balancing to those builds, etc.

Do you guys even think about the future of this game?

Buorhann I love how you are so against this because it stops you from being able to keep bullying people and being an *ss to anyone you want to without big consequences as the game decided to all cuddle up together. I agree with the color blocs buff not really being necessary unless the system gets completely reworked; but for pirates who had just gotten a bunch of debuffs over the last years, this comes as a much-needed help. As the game is growing and inflating like crazy in times of ever-loving peace, pirates are falling behind, and they cannot produce as much money as someone just farming and farming so it doesnt really encourage people to go pirating for growth. Furthermore, unironically pirates are what is keeping the game active, the only time people get any action whatsoever is by countering pirates or warring with them. If not for us, the game would literally not have a single war being declared a day. SO YES, they care about the future of the game, as the pirate community are the only ones doing anything. Nuke turreting is definitely quite powerfull and all, but if you were just a little competent it's not that difficult to fight off, to properly pull off nuke turreting continuously requires competent players, and if you had competent players warring the pirates it wouldn't be that hard to stop. Sorry, that not everyone wants to just farm and not do anything at all. Also, you can't talk about “extorting” at this point of the game. Macros are extorting more than anyone, we are just giving you a bit of your own sauce. 

• Upvote 2