Tourism Project and Crypto

IsaacAttack

Hey there, 

I'm just a player of Politics and War. I have 2 suggestion for the game if your interested.

Tourism Project:

Proposal: Introduce a Tourism project in Politics and War where nations can engage in tourism activities with others, both within and outside their alliance.
Mechanism: Small nations can link with 3-5 nations, while larger nations can link with 1-3 nations. The key aspect is that the boost in revenue per turn depends on the linking nations' government types and policies.
Incentive: The variation in boost percentages encourages nations to actively seek better deals, promoting diplomatic interactions beyond mere alliance considerations.
Purchase System: Make the Tourism project available for purchase using credits, restricting boost benefits to users who have purchased the project. If both linking nations have the project, they both receive the boost.

Crypto:

Concept: Introduce a new dynamic by incorporating 10 cryptocurrencies into Politics and War, each with fluctuating values similar to in-game resources.
Purpose: The cryptocurrencies would not have a direct utility but would serve as an additional element for players to engage in speculative trading, adding an economic dimension to the game.
Entertainment Factor: The introduction of these virtual cryptocurrencies aims to keep players entertained and engaged, offering a new realm for strategic decision-making and financial maneuvering within the Orbis world.

I had this in mind and just wanted to shared. 

• Upvote 1

Tourism Project:

Proposal: Introduce a Tourism project in Politics and War where nations can engage in tourism activities with others, both within and outside their alliance.
Mechanism: Small nations can link with 3-5 nations, while larger nations can link with 1-3 nations. The key aspect is that the boost in revenue per turn depends on the linking nations' government types and policies.
Incentive: The variation in boost percentages encourages nations to actively seek better deals, promoting diplomatic interactions beyond mere alliance considerations.
Purchase System: Make the Tourism project available for purchase using credits, restricting boost benefits to users who have purchased the project. If both linking nations have the project, they both receive the boost.

If the purpose of this project is to promote cooperation between alliances, then it isn't a good way to do that. From what I understand it, you have to find nations with a government type and social and economic policies that are most compatible with yours to make the most money using this project. If that's the case, then the most profitable types and policies will be found quickly and become the meta for the rest of the project;s existence, and alliances will mandate certain government types and social/economic policies to be chosen by their members, thereby ensuring the benefits of the projects stays within the alliance.

Considering that there are plenty of projects that either boost a nation's income, this projects seems unnecessary at the moment.

Crypto:

Concept: Introduce a new dynamic by incorporating 10 cryptocurrencies into Politics and War, each with fluctuating values similar to in-game resources.
Purpose: The cryptocurrencies would not have a direct utility but would serve as an additional element for players to engage in speculative trading, adding an economic dimension to the game.
Entertainment Factor: The introduction of these virtual cryptocurrencies aims to keep players entertained and engaged, offering a new realm for strategic decision-making and financial maneuvering within the Orbis world.

I'm not sure how this adds anything to the game. Is this supposed to be a source of income without adding money to the economy of Orbis?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The tourism project is not an alliance thing. Its a nation thing. Alliance are excluded from here. I know I mention social policies and government typos, but that was just an idea another idea could be color block.   This project could work for example:
I have Constitutional Republic and You have Communist Democracy.  Then our revenue per city increases for some % in this less say 2%, but if another user has Federal Republic and I decided to link with him until our contract finish the revenue could go 4%.  Now the social scale and economic scale could take part of this to decide also the changes. That way users have infinite search up finding the best bet up. Using the same example, maybe It's convenience for me to close a deal with the nation that has Federal Republic, but for the nation is better convenience to link with a Democracy nations, but social and economic scale could take an effect in revenue with the Federal Republic nation if we have some agreement to change some policies. 

On 1/18/2024 at 9:46 AM, IsaacAttack said:

Crypto:

So regarding this, lets imagine we create a cryptocurrency that is based on rl crypto.
1. you can not make the value of it similar to the in-game resources, as it is not based on any product nor is it useful. There has to be demand for it. that is why the market prices fluctuate. 
2. IRL crypto is currently much like a real currency. many markets/platforms use it. it can be exchanged into rl money. There was demand for it, because it was advertised as a safer alternative. In this case however, there is no possible way to make crypto safer and not completely destroy game mechanics whilst doing so.
3. More importantly, its pyramidal nature would let large alliances, like Rose or t$ create enormous fall in the value and practically steal money. 

Its a bad bad bad idea

Edited by Black Oily Men

• 2 weeks later...