Nuclear Meltdowns (More "Event" Suggestions Welcome!)

Changeup

A full explanation of how it would work.

The idea came up during casual discussion in RON, and it was recommended that I drop it here so it doesn't get buried. The feedback I've gotten so far has been generally positive, but I'm curious to hear more about my proposal and any similar ones that have come up. 

• Upvote 4

unknown_3_1_65.png

if we're going down that rabbit hole then weather effects such as Tornados, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Locust swarms and the like could fall under the same umbrella. The problem would be what kind of effects the first 3 would take as in real life those would cause infrastructure damages and that's not someone anyone would particularly enjoy. Locust swarms would fall under a famine thing would could be used to either A) lower food production in a nation producing it, or B ) cause a nations daily food consumption to increase which might work quite well.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SleepingNinja said:

if we're going down that rabbit hole then weather effects such as Tornados, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Locust swarms and the like could fall under the same umbrella. The problem would be what kind of effects the first 3 would take as in real life those would cause infrastructure damages and that's not someone anyone would particularly enjoy. Locust swarms would fall under a famine thing would could be used to either A) lower food production in a nation producing it, or B ) cause a nations daily food consumption to increase which might work quite well.

What about making food MRE's for the feel of it @SleepingNinja

Idea: You can spend specific amounts of money on your improvements:

If I have a nuclear power plant it costs $10,500 upkeep.

You can adjust this upkeep to various levels.
so from $0-$50,000 maybe

You can have positive and negative events

so at $0 you would get 100% chance of worker strike/malfunction 

at $10,000 it might be a 50% chance of that and a 1% chance of idk, having a power surplus and you dont have to cover costs for a day or however that might work.

at $40,000 you might have a 0% chance of that and a 15% chance of a positive event.

etc, adjust prices as you wish, blah blah.

(Chance daily)
(And you can have it so its like a sliding bar and you can adjust it to from 0%-200% for all city improvements.

For farms you might have pesticides or something at 150% upkeep that prevent locusts or whatever.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...