Benefiting from War

Alexander

What exactly, in your opinion, is the best resource to sell (ie the product highest in demand) during wartime?

What has your experience personally been on trying to make a profit from said product/resource?

-- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --

e6Iegl7.jpg

Really depends on the extent of the war and how long it continues.

Generally, steel sky rockets the most, followed closely by aluminium. Prices can go as high as 2500 $ ppu (may even cross 3000 $ ppu if the the war lasts for more than 2-3 weeks) for both of them but as the game progresses, alliances will learn to stockpile these resources so the price rise won't be as significant. Gasoline and munitions usually jump upto 1800-1900 $ as well I think, may even jumpt o ~ 2000 $ ppu but the price rise is not as significant as price rise in Aluminium and Steel.

Food would also have a considerable rise in price but never more than $ 300 ppu.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Really depends on the extent of the war and how long it continues.

Generally, steel sky rockets the most, followed closely by aluminium. Prices can go as high as 2500 $ ppu (may even cross 3000 $ ppu if the the war lasts for more than 2-3 weeks) for both of them but as the game progresses, alliances will learn to stockpile these resources so the price rise won't be as significant. Gasoline and munitions usually jump upto 1800-1900 $ as well I think, may even jumpt o ~ 2000 $ ppu but the price rise is not as significant as price rise in Aluminium and Steel.

hahaha, how quaint.

It ultimately depends on scale, WWA had steel pushing 6000. The other resources were sky high as well but I already had a massive stockpile of everything else and thus never really dealt with the prices on them. Had a stockpile of steel as well but blew through several thousand tons of it within a week.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

hahaha, how quaint.

It ultimately depends on scale, WWA had steel pushing 6000. The other resources were sky high as well but I already had a massive stockpile of everything else and thus never really dealt with the prices on them. Had a stockpile of steel as well but blew through several thousand tons of it within a week.

:o

But yeah, I know that the war was Mecca for gasoline vendors for a while.

A major factor increasing gasoline prices in wartime is the low production of 6 per refinery.  You can add 5 steel factories for 90steel a day, or 5 gasoline factories for 30 gas a day.  On the flipside, the beatdown side usually stops buying steel (and oil to fuel their tanks) as they can't afford tanks and/or are blockaded.

Duke of House Greyjoy