Approval Rating Changing Both on Turns and off Turns (not the %, the score)

Asclepius

So, I have been keeping track of my approval rating on the leaderboards because it is the only leaderboard that my nation is on. I noticed something weird about it over the last few days.

After reducing my pollution to 0, my approval rating increased by about 0.15 points at 1PM CT today to 1,217.05. However, on the hours that are NOT turns, my approval rating drops by just over 1 full point. (As of 2PM CT today, my approval rating dropped from 1,217.05 to 1,215.99. It is important to emphasize that the turn change for me was 1PM CT, not 2). Then, just now (3PM CT, another turn), my score dropped again to 1,214.78. 

I have looked at the info about approval rating on the wiki (https://politicsandwar.fandom.com/wiki/Approval_Rating), so I am aware of the effect that wars and espionage have on it. My pollution is zero, and my population density is very low (20.86). I have plenty of food, money, and resources to power my cities, so there shouldn't be anything draining my approval on those parts. 

Sorry I don't have any screenshots. If necessary, I can make some over time. I guess I am just confused as to whether or not this is working correctly, especially regarding the changes that do not occur on turns (since I thought the wheels of the game only changed on turns).

My nation link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=310694

The Highest Approval leaderboard (I am currently third highest): https://politicsandwar.com/leaderboards/arhi

Edit one: added a picture with my current approval rating (with time in CT). Appears to have risen again? 

Edit two, electric bugaloo: Another change again at 4PM CT (not a turn change), falling again this time.

Edit three, I need to go pee: rating rose slightly this time (5PM CT, actual turn change). Seems to rise slightly each turn, and then drop by a larger amount on hours that aren't regular turn change? Will try to screenshot again at 6PM to see if it follows this same pattern. 

Edit four, I'm tired and poor: At 6PM CT (not a turn), my approval rating dropped again. Now there is a true pattern established. Is this working as intended?

Screenshot_20211002-152743.png

Screenshot_20211002-160300.png

Screenshot_20211002-170424.png

Screenshot_20211002-180120.png

Edited by Asclepius

• Administrators

The rating does also adjust by 0.01% per turn toward an equilibrium of 60.

So you have like 1200, at 1200 it would decrease by => 1200 * 0.9999 = 1,199.889 and so on each turn. This is outside of the other effects like winning a war, etc.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link