Nation Background is rapidly-flashing gif that could trigger epileptic shock

Denison

On request of @Blutarch Mann unknown.png.3b8641f3e6d6568c6358ffe6672c0e45.png

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=165874

Ruler Name: Inst

Nature of Violation:

Background of Nation is a rapidly flashing gif that is clearly designed to be obnoxious to the eyes, while brightly flashing between rainbow colors in a way that going by my experience living life with friends who suffer from epilepsy could trigger an episode. According to some people I've spoken with in the medical field, rainbow colors flashing is especially bad for triggering seizures. A few were suggesting that the exact design of the flashing combined with the speed could imply it was intentional.

• Upvote 1

Janny Larpers

I'm the accused.

I specifically chose this background because I was looking for the most annoying background possible that would be unlikely to cause an epileptic seizure.

The background tends toward disorientation; the stripes are clearly animated in such a way that they move, as opposed to flash. Even when enlarged to 200-300%, the gradual gradation of the colors (rainbow shades) prevents this from being properly considered flashing colors and thus triggering epileptic seizures.

I suppose the background would be an issue if you were operating a motor vehicle, due to the disorientation, but does anyone play PnW and drive? How about operate an aircraft?  Inb4 some whale crashes an airliner, killing all 300 people on board, because he was trying to get in attacks before his opponent while piloting a passenger plane.

Edited by Inst

For reference purposes, this is the original gif:

source.gif

I dry-tested it on a few people while I was still operating fake nation screens. As it turns out, they didn't even notice the fake nation screens, which was the original objective, because of the disorienting background.

===

If you are not epileptic, and you know you're not, feel free to compare to actually seizure-inducing videos. Try the Pokemon episode, for instance. That, in my estimation, has roughly 3-10 Hz cycling between the relevant colors. This video, as a whole, is .5-1 Hz and tries to sequence into itself as a loop.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 4

• Jax locked this topic