New Leader, New Rules

Fukuda Kazuma

GothPost_zpsfoumuy7c.png

30th November 2016

It has been almost three days since the death of Zafri Zackery. However, his death has led to many

unforeseen consequences throughout the kingdom. With seemingly no one in line to take over the kingdom,

anarchy may erupt with many nationalists planning to break away from the kingdom. In the meeting hall at

The Gothenburg Manor, news reporters, foreign ambassadors and government officials are there waiting for

the speech of the de factor leader of Sweden, as well as the Commander of the Royal Swedish Army, Major

General Gilbert Beilschmidt. Suddenly, he appears in the meeting hall, sporting a menacing grin and wearing

his uniform that's covered with various medals and awards. After taking his position at the center of the stage.

he sat down, crossed his legs and smirked towards the crowd.

FvlvTW9.png

" Good evening everyone, I'm here to announce that my position as the leader of Sweden will now

be a permanent one, as there is no eligible heir that can take over from the former king, Zafri Zackery."

The room exploded in murmurs and questions, with many people questioning the legitimacy of the man

sitting in front of them. As the murmuring grew louder and louder, a gunshot was suddenly heard and the

crowd went silent. They all turned to a grinning Gilbert, who was holding a pistol in his hand, aimed at 

the ceiling.

" It's not nice to interrupt someone when they're speaking you know. " He chuckled and put the gun down.

" So, as I was saying. I am going to change some of our national policies in order to ensure that the kingdom

will not fall behind on the international stage. My first change would be to create a more expansionist policy

in order to increase the Swedish influence globally. Already, we have 25 000 soldiers who have turned the

state of Connecticut and the Bahamas into colonies of Sweden. Defenses have already been put in place

and an aircraft carrier is en route to the Bahamas to deter it from enemy forces in the event of a war."

The crowd began to buzz again as newscasters start to write down every word as well as come up with

possible theories for this new policy. Perhaps it was due to his job controlling the army. Maybe he was

just doing what he thought was beneficial to the kingdom. At this point, no one really knew...

"Another policy I'd like to implement," He continued, "Would be the renewal of current political treaties

as well as the creation of many more, with nations such as Alexiamia, the Ruhr, the Second Empire, as

well as Kressnia. This would be quite different compared to the months of Swedish isolationism and self

sufficiency that has occurred. I'm not saying that our isolationist policy was not successful, but I believe

that we can do much more by looking for new allies and managing our old ones. Currently, we are 

working with some of the newer nations in creating a new military alliance. Announcements about it

will be published later today as well."

He then stood up from his seat, gun in his hand, and faced the crowd of diplomats and reporters. With

his grin making him look slightly psychotic, he pointed the unloaded weapon at them and said,

JoM0ZuF.jpg

"Well, that is all that I can say for today. I hope that Sweden can continue to establish relations with new

nations as well as co-operate with existing allies regarding current international affairs. Thank you

for attending and have a nice evening."

Edited by Zafri Zackery
pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

The citizens of Exodus hope for the Kingdom of Sweden makes a swift transition of power.

-Chancellor Abigail Griffin.

tumblr_n6p9lj8dYc1r6fkxqo6_250.gif

Edited by Abigail Griffin

PoJQyFJ.gif

Empress Alexia stood in front of a barrage of Swedish reporters and cameras. She adjusted her dress and crown and stood in a nonchalant regal pose.

"Welcome Major General Gilbert, my friend, to the stage of leaders." She cleared her throat.

"We are honoured that Sweden has chosen to befriend us and we will be in further contact soon." 

Suddenly there is a commotion as a Swedish woman is dragged away by Black Suits screaming something about brainwashing. The Empress pauses for a second and looks around calmly. A hush falls over the reporters. She looks straight at the cameras.

"Also Major General, I've sent more of that Finlandia Vodka that we drank on your previous visit as a gift and show of friendship. I enjoyed our discussion on that afternoon and now at least I know not to ask you to do any chemistry for me." She then looked at the cameras playfully.

"Oh and Major General, it's The empire of Alexiamia." She chuckled, adjusted her long dress so that the train faced the right direction and walked calmly through the palace doors.

Alexia - Eternal Empress - Empire of Zah'Aharon

ghghghghghghg.gif.c48e7880bc1c5290f032d0fe3d3c8b22.gif

The Holy Britannian Empire will be sending their diplomats to Sweden to begin negotiations with the new government.

We remain neutral on this new change.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Belgrade, Kressnian Yugoslavia

In the executive office of the Novi Dvor, the footage of the Major General's inaugural speech was broadcast through a television which was watched by the Colonial Governor of Kressnian Yugoslavia (which had all but become the official name of the colony, displacing its more technical counterpart due to ease of use). Roman Dubronovic was a man with an even temper and a sharp mind, tall and weathered with slightly greying black hair. His face was partially obscured by his hands, which were steepled together as he watched Major General Beilschmidt's speech, noting his tone, his body language...

"A two-bit dictator," spat another figure in the room. Governor Dubronovic glanced to his left, and regarded Mila Dragunov, his Colonial Chief of Staff and primary advisor. A tall, striking woman with a tongue as sharp as her eyes, she served the Governor well by speaking earnestly and honestly to him about things regarding the colonial effort, everything from the deployment of KSDF resources throughout the region to sanitation problems throughout the colony-- things delegated to lesser appointees to the executive offices of the colony which were funneled through her, either to or from the Governor. But she was most notable because she was not a born Kressnian, but rather a Serb native; in fact, the very woman whom had at one point overseen Belgrade and a fair portion of the surrounding communities prior to the colonization by Kressnia, and had been the most powerful of the neo-feudal overseers in the entire region. Her experience in regional matters was invaluable.

"Look at him, sir-- He wields a gun and fires it in a diplomatic meeting, he has an utterly repugnant look of smugness on his face-- he's clearly off his rocker!"

"And yet," intoned an older male standing off to the side: Secretary of Colonial Affairs Stevan Novak, "he explicitly stated he wished to conduct diplomatic meetings with Kressnia. I find it unlikely that we'll be dealing with the man personally. And just as well, because I feel like if he met you, Mila, sparks would fly and we'd likely have some sort of incident on our hands!"

The woman ignored the jest, and looked to the others assembled in the room.

"I don't think we should talk to him," she declared. "I don't even think we should humor him. He looks to be a dangerous figure."

"So are many of you Orbislanders, but you don't see us cowering in fear whenever you get going," replied Secretary of Commerce Slobodan Bulgarin, a born-and-raised Kressnian who had a knack for getting under the chief of staff's skin with his barbs. And she looked quite ready to bite his head off before Governor Dubronovic raised a hand, silencing them all.

"The man wants contact. Our fleets will be overseeing Orbis III's orbit and I think Orbis IV's as well, as per the UMS summit on the matter, and from what I understand Sweden... What's that phrase Her Excellency uses? 'Cannot into space', so I believe this figure will not be a threat to us. Unless of course, he does something really, really stupid and is backed by those powers that can into space. Besides that, considering our navy's soon-to-be stewardship of the second part of the inner-system, it wouldn't hurt to actually reach out to others and show them that we mean no harm. I'll send word to NS-1 to arrange for a diplomat to come down and handle these gestures. Embassies are always good."

Chief Dragunov looked rather annoyed, but said nothing except: "Are we gonna send them an official statement, sir?"

"Yes, Mila," said Dubronovic. "Short and sweet, just as you like it."

Secretary Bulgarin snorted at what he no doubt perceived to be an innuendo, and Chief Dragunov glared before turning on her heel and marching out of the room.

Roughly an hour after this private, informal meeting, the Colonial Chief of Staff herself stood at a podium, and her face was professional and neutral despite her inward annoyance. As the cameras rolled, she gave a lovely smile.

"Good afternoon. In regards to the inaugural speech made by Major General Beilschmidt of Sweden earlier today, and his desire to open diplomatic channels with the Republic of Kressnia, the Colonial Governor of Kressnian Yugoslavia has acted with diplomatic authority vested in him by Supreme Leader Danica Ambrozije in the absence of any higher ranking diplomatic officials. He wishes it to be known that, in this era of political turmoil and tragedy for the natives of Orbis, it is the wish of the Republic to open official relations with the powers of Western Europe and beyond; in this particular instance, most specifically the Kingdom of Sweden. We hope to provide assistance to those countries being affected by these waves of problems, and so any requests for diplomatic talks can be communicated to Governor Dubronovic. We eagerly await the response of Sweden and any power whom we have not already had official contact with in this regard. Thank you very much."

She stepped away from the podium and walked out of the room despite questions being asked of her, so that those in the press corps wouldn't see the sour face she was making.

Edited by Oncaro
  • Upvote 2

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.