East Indies cleared of Mines

Wolfie

After days of de-mining, The KeizerMarine was able to de-mine the East Indies. 

although there is a 2% chance some mines do still exist, all main water ways and trade routes have been cleared. 

We are sadden to say tat 1,242 Cargo ships have been sunk in Dutch lands, and 4 Military Vessels, 1 Destroyed, 2 Minesweepers, and 1 Battleship were sunk. The HMLS Striker is missing, but is presumed to be sunk.

Empress Wolf has met with Australian Officials to discuss their end of the Mine crisis, and hopes to meet with the Chernigov leaders to discuss their mine crisis.

Empress Wolf at the Royal banquet in the East Indies days ago, unknown to the press ARNA

Ladies and Gentlemen of the KeizerMarine. You have helped save countless lives. Your efforts will not go unnoticed, we thank you for your valiant service. We look to our left, and our right, the crews of Empress Wolf, and Josef I would be here, but we honor them. But look infront of you, the crews of the Dutchtician, Dutchlander, and Jäger remain

The Battleship Empress Wolf will not be forgotten, neither will all our vessels, the Josef I, Dutchtican, Dutchlander and Jäger. 

Empress Wolf is preparing to make a speech at the Royal Naval Academy in Utrecht about the achievements of the Imperial Dutch Navy Squadrons, and that the Royal Netherland Navy squadron is also doing a fine job. There have been competitions between the two different Naval Departments, and there have been street tensions and fights across naval ports etc... 

sig.gif

That is a shocking amount of ships sunk.

Indeed.

The Government of Electronica offers assistance to the KeiserMarine with any remaining mine-clearance operations in and around the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea areas, as well as assistance with maritime salvage operations.

ScientificHumanism.png

Many were struck by the immense mining, but a lot were struck whilst trying to help other cargo ships. Yes it is a shocking amount, we only expected nearly 300-400 ships to be sunk. Sadly this was a waste of lives, we alongside our asian partners (Chernigov, Australia, and Caledonia) are doing our best to find if this was a deliberate or accidental. There will be a heavy cost for those responsible. We are still also collecting the bodies, but still need to find the remainder of the ships, and their crew. All hospitals in the East Indies have been mobilized to deal with the influx of injured. We have confirmed 340 Dead, and atlas 450 wounded, there are 15 more ships coming in with wounded and dead as we speak. 

These are only casualties within dutch waters, there are still no concrete reports from Australia, Caledonia, or Chernigov

Indeed.

The Government of Electronica offers assistance to the KeiserMarine with any remaining mine-clearance operations in and around the Straits of Malacca and the South China Sea areas, as well as assistance with maritime salvage operations.

The Empress would like to thank the government of Electronica for their assistance, and we are grateful for it.

sig.gif

I was about to say "jeez how many ships had to sink before you closed off the trade routes or at least tried to clear the mines"

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer 

The Evenstar Intelligence Department would like to know more details about the number of ships lost. Specifically, what the specific subclasses were. We find it very hard to believe that 1,242 ships were sunk because the cost of that much damage would be astronomically high. At the very least, the Dutch merchant navy should be completely crippled both in capability and utterly bankrupt financially.

new_forum_sig_2.png

The Evenstar Intelligence Department would like to know more details about the number of ships lost. Specifically, what the specific subclasses were. We find it very hard to believe that 1,242 ships were sunk because the cost of that much damage would be astronomically high. At the very least, the Dutch merchant navy should be completely crippled both in capability and utterly bankrupt financially.

Based on our statistics, the Roman National Intelligence would like to know more aswell. Considering an average cost of a geared 500 ton ship is worth 10 Million while gearless ships of 6,500 and 12,000 TEU averaged prices of $74 million and $105 million respectively. So if 1,242 Cargo ships were sank then it would be worth (average of $74 million each) $91,908,000,000. 

• Upvote 1

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer