Is there a Point to it all 2.0

Frank Todd

So tell me, what drives you to exist? I know most would say their faith, or family, but for myself I can't say for sure. Why don't you tell me, or even try to discuss it among yourselves. Now I know it may sound tempting to tell others to bugger off, but this is all about talking it out, humanity is nothing if not quizzical and I find that many heads make short work of certain things (unless you are all about individual thought). So without further rambling, feel free to discuss on here. Plus it would benefit everyone if you put a lengthy bit on here, as more details equal more shared info.

Please no rage fighting, or insults.

• Upvote 1

d0r0WcS.gif

I think every person at a certain age should find a goal of life, so that they don't just walk around clueless of the world, they need a Finnish line to actually run the marathon.

• Upvote 1

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST CAUSE IF YOU POST IN A NO COMMENT THREAD, YOU GET A WARNING POINT

CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE SEING ONE MORE POST THAN USUAL HURTS THEIR EYES.

You gotta live long so you can experience the sad joke that this world is.

"If I ever formed an alliance it would be called Grand Puberty Agency

And the text above would be like:"GPA just had a growth spurt"

So tell me, what drives you to exist? I know most would say their faith, or family, but for myself I can't say for sure. Why don't you tell me, or even try to discuss it among yourselves. Now I know it may sound tempting to tell others to bugger off, but this is all about talking it out, humanity is nothing if not quizzical and I find that many heads make short work of certain things (unless you are all about individual thought). So without further rambling, feel free to discuss on here. Plus it would benefit everyone if you put a lengthy bit on here, as more details equal more shared info.

Please no rage fighting, or insults.

You don't find many people in the world that actually stop and think about this though you have shared here. There have been numerous times in my life where I have asked myself "what exactly am I doing here....and what is the point of it all?"

My Opinion:

In the grand scheme of things, for the general public, there is no "real" point of us being here. Most of us will live our lives, work till we are elderly, retire and then die. Our position in our occupation will be filled by someone to repeat the same tasks you have been doing for years. Our position in our family will be replaced by a new generation and our life will just be a distant memory forgotten and shared less and less as the years go by. 

Many people want to live to change the world. Those same people don't realize that it takes a whole society to actually make change. Sure, one person might be able to pass on an idea - but that idea must take grasp to the majority. Few of us will actually be able to shed light on that idea and even fewer of us will actually stand against the tide to work to change the world. 

No matter what occupation you hold - your work is meaningless. You will be replaced. From being a janitor at a school, to being a high ranking government member. Just think about it for a second. What do you do for work? What do you want to do for work if you're still in school? Now think...what 40 years into the future from where you are now or from the first day you start your job. You're retired and someone else will do the same thing you just retired from, that business, company, or agency will continue to operate - your tasks are meaningless. Sure, you get a check, you get money and benefits.....but to the grand scheme of things, meaningless. 

You are given one life. There are no real current methods on extending a life unless you plan on sitting in a hospital bed as a vegetable being kept alive by machines. Then what are you? Taking up space, that's what you are. 

We live to die. 

From the moment you are born (speaking in terms of Americans) you are set on a path of constant education, which most is flawed. You are pushed to take classes that have substance that you generally will never use in life and then you're pushed to higher education (college/uni) to get a degree in a field that you think you want to be in only to find out that you can't be hired after graduation, only to find out that you are now weighed down by debt and bad credit which allows you to actually not get anything out of life. 

Then what. 

You work and work to pay off debt, add on more debt with other purchases you may want or need which turns to you working more overtime to pay off debt, which takes you away from the actual "LIVING" part of life which we are told to do on a daily basis.

-Travel Often

-Take Vacations

-Enjoy Friends

-Be with Family

-Fall in Love

All I see there is

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

Most of us in the adult world don't have enough money or enough time to be with friends and family and because of that we can't leave work to miss out on money and because of that.........we miss out on things.

So, to answer your question: "Is there a point to it all," absolutely not - but we are humans and we will keep believing there is a point to what we are doing with our lives, we all have that goal in the back of our minds and we try. 

Trying is better than doing nothing, even when trying brings us nowhere at all. 

#realtalk

• Upvote 1

Avoiding the consumerism trap is key. I've found I spent about 2/3 of my income on shit I could be just as happy without. The things you own end up owning you. Scale down to what you truly need and what you truly love. Work fewer hours and less stressful positions accordingly. I've cut my hours in half and my stress to next to nothing (especially considering I no longer care what I might miss or lose).

Other than that, I recall something a mason friend told me of his super sekrit society. The things you do affects others. Whoa, so simple yet so deep. Your actions ripple throughout time forever. Branching off the multitude of possibilities through your choices. The effect grows exponentially over time. Further, I believe time is a loop and that we live many similar lives and many identical lives (within the infinity of time). In your life you must find the reason to live this life again (exactly as it is), or you will go insane. If you think this life is pointless, try knowing you must live it time and again. Knowing this life is eternity, you might make some better choices how you spend your time.

• Upvote 1

You don't find many people in the world that actually stop and think about this though you have shared here. There have been numerous times in my life where I have asked myself "what exactly am I doing here....and what is the point of it all?"

My Opinion:

In the grand scheme of things, for the general public, there is no "real" point of us being here. Most of us will live our lives, work till we are elderly, retire and then die. Our position in our occupation will be filled by someone to repeat the same tasks you have been doing for years. Our position in our family will be replaced by a new generation and our life will just be a distant memory forgotten and shared less and less as the years go by. 

Many people want to live to change the world. Those same people don't realize that it takes a whole society to actually make change. Sure, one person might be able to pass on an idea - but that idea must take grasp to the majority. Few of us will actually be able to shed light on that idea and even fewer of us will actually stand against the tide to work to change the world. 

No matter what occupation you hold - your work is meaningless. You will be replaced. From being a janitor at a school, to being a high ranking government member. Just think about it for a second. What do you do for work? What do you want to do for work if you're still in school? Now think...what 40 years into the future from where you are now or from the first day you start your job. You're retired and someone else will do the same thing you just retired from, that business, company, or agency will continue to operate - your tasks are meaningless. Sure, you get a check, you get money and benefits.....but to the grand scheme of things, meaningless. 

You are given one life. There are no real current methods on extending a life unless you plan on sitting in a hospital bed as a vegetable being kept alive by machines. Then what are you? Taking up space, that's what you are. 

We live to die. 

From the moment you are born (speaking in terms of Americans) you are set on a path of constant education, which most is flawed. You are pushed to take classes that have substance that you generally will never use in life and then you're pushed to higher education (college/uni) to get a degree in a field that you think you want to be in only to find out that you can't be hired after graduation, only to find out that you are now weighed down by debt and bad credit which allows you to actually not get anything out of life. 

Then what. 

You work and work to pay off debt, add on more debt with other purchases you may want or need which turns to you working more overtime to pay off debt, which takes you away from the actual "LIVING" part of life which we are told to do on a daily basis.

-Travel Often

-Take Vacations

-Enjoy Friends

-Be with Family

-Fall in Love

All I see there is

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

Most of us in the adult world don't have enough money or enough time to be with friends and family and because of that we can't leave work to miss out on money and because of that.........we miss out on things.

So, to answer your question: "Is there a point to it all," absolutely not - but we are humans and we will keep believing there is a point to what we are doing with our lives, we all have that goal in the back of our minds and we try. 

#realtalk

It's too true, Money & Time. When you really think about it, we really live for nothing due to the fact that both Time & Money are constructs of Humanity (whether or not you believe that Time is relevant).

Granted that our biological purpose is to procreate (pass on our genes) so that our species is "just good enough" to go through the whole shebang of life over and over.

Meh, I had a whole thing prepared for this, but it's gone in a puff of smoke. Labes, amiright?

• Upvote 2

d0r0WcS.gif

It's too true, Money & Time. When you really think about it, we really live for nothing due to the fact that both Time & Money are constructs of Humanity (whether or not you believe that Time is relevant).

Granted that our biological purpose is to procreate (pass on our genes) so that our species is "just good enough" to go through the whole shebang of life over and over.

Meh, I had a whole thing prepared for this, but it's gone in a puff of smoke. Labes, amiright?

And its not like you can just say "!@#$ you" to society.....unless you live in some underdeveloped country. You can't just go find a spot and live off the land unless you own it and build it up (time & money)........

• Upvote 1

You could do that cheaper than the alternative. I'm looking at 30 acres, with water running through it and a house, that would cost me less than the lowest rent. The land could replace most of my food costs in a few months, and become profitable in a few years. I enjoy that kind of work and lifestyle, tho. That would be the ideal life to me.

And its not like you can just say "!@#$ you" to society.....unless you live in some underdeveloped country. You can't just go find a spot and live off the land unless you own it and build it up (time & money)........

True that, and if you do try to live off the land in a "civilized" country, you can get arrested or fined.

If you speak out against society, you're a rogue. If you mind your own shit,  you're a rogue. Human beings are never pleased either, they complain about one thing or another, and when you fix the problem, they !@#$ about it some more. Then the various religions come into play, if you don't believe one thing or another, you get killed in the name of some god, then there's the peeps that get killed just cause they are a different skin color or nationality.

Lol unless you are a walking atomic bomb, there's nothing you can do either, which affirms the whole "You are a speck on the cosmic scale."

Which if you go into the "Cosmic scale" crap, then really any damage we do to the planet is really only hurting us. If the earth farted out of existence, it's not as if the solar system next door would even know nor care. If there was a god, you shouldn't be praying to him/her if you really think about it. What being would place us in our universe to begin with? At any moment we could be wiped out by cosmic rays, a stray rock, the sun, etc etc. We float literally in nothing, and anything can happen in that nothing. There's shit that could kill us that we don't even know nor could we even comprehend it, like we know more about space than the Oceans of our Planet. If that doesn't terrify you also consider this.

Our people at this point in time have harnessed the destructive power of the Atom (literally F-ing what the universe is made of), and what do we do with this power? We blow the hell out of each other with it. It wouldn't be so scary if it were just like a handful in existence (which would still do some damage), but there are countries with literally thousands of these things, and at any minute they could !@#$ing break or be stolen (Russia has literally had this happen to them about a dozen times)

THEN there are the Viral aspects of our planet. Quite literally a super bug could develop some sort of Airborne quality and we'd be screwed. Hell, even if AIDS or a HIV of some sort could evolve a Droplet form of travel (someone coughing up droplets that contain it) and we'd see such a horrible fate.

But hey, people want to have me worship an invisible force that tells me that my race is shit (which it kinda is at times) and you'd think that worshiping would bring me some benefit to my survival... Nope, it's more of a "After Death" policy where if you were particular nicer to this invisible force and not to the other living beings of your species, you get a free ticket into an invisible life afterwards.

Oh man, I love our world. 

*End Rant*

This is why I'll always view this universe as some fake interpretation of my reality. I've experienced fear, mind altering fear, and I can say for a fact that the altered reality that was experienced in that fear was all to real, so this universe (in it's terrifying glory) would totally cause some fake ass shit to be my reality.

d0r0WcS.gif

My Opinion:

We live to die. 

Then what. 

-Travel Often

-Take Vacations

-Enjoy Friends

-Be with Family

-Fall in Love

All I see there is

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

-money & time

#realtalk

More than money and time its having fun with the people u like.

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST CAUSE IF YOU POST IN A NO COMMENT THREAD, YOU GET A WARNING POINT

CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE SEING ONE MORE POST THAN USUAL HURTS THEIR EYES.

You gotta live long so you can experience the sad joke that this world is.

"If I ever formed an alliance it would be called Grand Puberty Agency

And the text above would be like:"GPA just had a growth spurt"

I see some of the money and time conversation has come up a lot.  One does not have to live in debt.  If you believe freedom is the most important thing, then living under your income level for a decade or so should let you retire forever, so that you only work when you want to.

This guy's blog has hundreds of good posts(thousands?  Not sure, maybe just hundreds) about the topic.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/

I only bring it in the context of

You work and work to pay off debt, add on more debt with other purchases

Duke of House Greyjoy

Heh.

What everybody is agreeing on is Death and Taxes.

We are not here for money and time. Where is money in our biological makeup? Time?

We are here for Sex and Survival. When we have a good environment, we procreate. When times are harsh, we live to survive.

Right. Money=survival currently for all practical purposes. You should just avoid the idiocy of keeping up with the Joneses and consumerism. Live a frugal lifestyle and learn to do things for yourself, rather than paying to have them.

Do not procreate until you are mature enough to know about relationships and the hassles of kids. Do it in the mouth or butt until then. Rubbers are ok too, but never trust a pill. They are all !@#$ing liars.

Right. Money=survival currently for all practical purposes. You should just avoid the idiocy of keeping up with the Joneses and consumerism. Live a frugal lifestyle and learn to do things for yourself, rather than paying to have them.

Somehow money became the "fruits of our labor" yet it is imbalanced in the measurement.

Biologically, the point is obviously to procreate, and to raise children who will do the same.

You don't want to raise bottom-dwellers, so you need a good partner, and some income.

Aisha is desperate. No imagination!

Goofball atheist Aisha never had a chance.