yo Four

LordRahl2

Which part of the rules did all those threads violate?  Please don't take this as an angst post.  They were all terrible threads.  Just want to know what did they broke specifically.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

LordRahl2 and the Community, 

If you are posting this type of question here I would assume you did not actually read either the warn you received or the rules (which have been linked several times) for the specific forum the threads were closed and(or) OP's were warned in. For you and the community, here are those rules:

General Debate Forum Rules

1ALL STANDARD FORUM RULES APPLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.

2. Hate Messages -  Any post or image that is - in the judgment of a moderator or administrator - a slur against any person for race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, national origin, gender or disability will result in disciplinary action.

3. Flame-baiting - Posts or images that are specifically intended to provoke emotional responses or personal attacks from other posters, rather than civil discussion, will be considered flame-baiting and will result in disciplinary actions.

4. Inciting Violence - Any post that expresses a direct, indirect, or veiled threat to anyone - whether it be another member, some other individual, or a group in general - or an incitement to violence will be dealt with severely, including but not limited to a permanent forum ban.

5. Proper Posting Etiquette.

When creating a thread

• Opening posts should be a paragraph with at least 4-5 complete sentences.
  • Quoting from outside references may only include small portions of the article. Do not post or quote an entire article.
  • Thread titles should be a brief description of the thread topic. Moderation has the right to alter thread titles that do not follow this rule.
  • Whether a thread has sufficiently set a basis for respectful debate on the thread topic will be at the discretion of the moderators

When replying to a post

• Attack the post, not the player. Personal attacks against any player will result in a warn.
  • Personal attacks extend not only to individual posters, but to groups as well. (For example, calling all Republicans idiots is the same as calling every Republican on the board an idiot, and will not be tolerated)
  • Posts that are intended to disrupt a discussion rather than actually contribute to it will be considered trolling/derailing and will result in disciplinary actions.

The rules are not difficult to understand, comprehend, or follow. There are many instances where some threads are simply misplaced and those threads are then moved to the correct forum, mostly spam, or "other game" discussions. 

The threads which you are seeing locked - approved by Alice and Myself - did not meet the posting standards of the specific forum you are talking about, more specifically here are the general rules broken:

5. Proper Posting Etiquette.

When creating a thread

• Opening posts should be a paragraph with at least 4-5 complete sentences.
  • Quoting from outside references may only include small portions of the article. Do not post or quote an entire article.
  • Thread titles should be a brief description of the thread topic. Moderation has the right to alter thread titles that do not follow this rule.
  • Whether a thread has sufficiently set a basis for respectful debate on the thread topic will be at the discretion of the moderators

When replying to a post

• Attack the post, not the player. Personal attacks against any player will result in a warn.
  • Personal attacks extend not only to individual posters, but to groups as well. (For example, calling all Republicans idiots is the same as calling every Republican on the board an idiot, and will not be tolerated)
  • Posts that are intended to disrupt a discussion rather than actually contribute to it will be considered trolling/derailing and will result in disciplinary actions.

Each thread that was locked has been locked for good reason. General Discussion and General Debate forums are for well-presented, and thought out posts to create a substantial discussion or debate on the OP's topic. One-liners, simple 3 word statements or opinions are not what belong in these forums. Please select the proper forum for those types of posts.

You might ask - "why not contact the OP and have them change their post to fit the proper etiquette?" - and to that I say, Yeah, thats a great Idea, but it has been tried and time and time again the same people are breaking the same rules, so they become locked with 2nd mod approval and the OP gets a verbal warn. 

You might also say - "Four, what does it matter as long as there is a discussion or debate going on regardless of the OP quality?" - and to that I say, I (we) are moderators. We are here to enforce the rules set by previous moderators and admin. If we were to not enforce those rules, there is no point to continue moderation of the forums. If the rules are too strict I would advise creating a post on rule proposals, messaging me or another moderator about the rules and your changes and we can present them to mod staff OR messaging Alex directly to see what his input is.

tl;dr: I do thank you for bringing this to the public eye, because quite frankly - those forums are attracting way too many reports for no reason. These threads were closed and OP's and others were warned because of rule breaks. If rules are not broken, threads in these forums do not get closed/moved and OP's don't get warned. 

Also, I just want to add that if you don't know the rules for specific forums they are almost always pinned to the top of each forum you're posting in. 

• Upvote 1

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

Moderation Staff:

Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.

Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts “calling out†moderators or the game staff is prohibited.

Impersonation of, or an intention to imply that you are a moderator, administrator, or other P&W official is forbidden.

Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Sheepy, via pm.

Abuse of the report system is strictly prohibited.

Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Moderation Staff:

Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.

Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts “calling out†moderators or the game staff is prohibited.

Impersonation of, or an intention to imply that you are a moderator, administrator, or other P&W official is forbidden.

Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Sheepy, via pm.

Abuse of the report system is strictly prohibited.

Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

You think I was calling him out or something?  I think those threads were terri-bad.  I was just curious which part raised them to lock status.  If I read the reply correctly it is that the OPs were shit.  I appreciate the follow up Four, thanks.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-