Land Score Impact

Dwemyrn

I feel land should impact score in some way. Land gets very expensive quickly so I'd imagine just like infrastructure it should affect a nation's score. How much? I'm not sure, but it seems like it should affect it. Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

It seems that the only purpose of land is to reduce population denisty along with its side effects, nothing more.

I believe it could've been useful for a nation score if it had served more purposes.

9anTOCI.jpg?3

It seems that the only purpose of land is to reduce population denisty along with its side effects, nothing more.

I believe it could've been useful for a nation score if it had served more purposes.

Even if it's a small effect I'd be nice to seem some kind of effect to it.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Agreed. Even a minor effect on the nation score may be rewarding for spending money on expanding one's borders.

I believe the entire concept of national score, psychologically, is to reward us for our efforts and decision making.

• Upvote 1

9anTOCI.jpg?3

I feel land should impact score in some way. Land gets very expensive quickly so I'd imagine just like infrastructure it should affect a nation's score. How much? I'm not sure, but it seems like it should affect it. Thoughts?

Counter point, land is the only value that doesn't increase your nation's combat capability (although it influences defense). Given that nation score ties directly into combat balancing, do we really want a non-factor to affect combat?

• Upvote 3

Land currently lowers pop density and (if you have waste improvement slots on food, you get more food)...correct?

I would argue that the impact of land on farms could be enhanced (maybe change the multiplier slightly??)...also crossing over a certain amount of land should release space for additional mines / farms / military improvements. 

While this wouldn't directly impact score, it would create more strategy.  Maybe something where every 2K land would release +1 more of each type of these improvements.  Otherwise there comes a point where your build becomes pre-determined by the limitations of each improvement type.

While this wouldn't directly impact score, the increased possibility of raw resources / military could have an indirect impact on score and growth.

• Upvote 1

Explain "Influence"

I was thinking something along the lines of perhaps, slightly increased income? I like the above idea that more land increases your food output or gives more improvement slots.

Really though I was thinking, it increases your approval rating, I wish there was a map where nations with more land take up more of the map, kind of like real life borders. The more land you have, the more influence you have, the more land you can take from others. But that's more like roll play stuff though.

Or something like, more land,more influence, you get a slightly stronger military. Something along those lines. I don't really know mechanics very well.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."