11/6/2013 - Big Update to Cities!

Alex

• Administrators

Hi guys! I'm very excited to inform you about the newest update to cities. Cities now have improvements, and improvements are not finished yet but you do have some basic ones.

I've also introduced 3 new resources into the game. Coal, Oil, and Uranium. Coal and Oil are energy resources and oil will likely be needed for some military items like tanks and aircraft. Uranium is used for nuclear power but will also be needed for nuclear weapons.

I've tested the system myself quite a bit and I believe it to be working properly and bug free. The way it is set up should hopefully drive an economy for the game (and if not it can be tweaked later). Ideally new nations will exploit their resources to sell to bigger nations, whereas bigger nations will want to buy the resources from the smaller ones as it helps their environment.

Power plants have to be built in a city to get the other improvements (ones that haven't been added) to work. If your city is powered, you'll be able to use your Police Stations, etc. If not, they won't be online and your crime rate will shoot up. That's the incentive to have a powered city, while not necessarily requiring you to be powered to begin with.

I've also created an introductory video to the game, if you're wondering about things go ahead and take a look I explain a lot about the game and it's basic features thus far. It's a little long (10 mins?) but hopefully it will be worth your time. Thanks again guys, I appreciate your help as always.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Archived