2016 U.S. Presidential Election

Morgan

I would support either Rand Paul or Donald Trump. Rand because I think the federal government needs to be scaled back and that most of the power needs to be in the hands of state and local governments like the founding father intended and Donald because I think he would be a strong leader and because he is a businessman instead of a politician. I'm not a big fan of the Bush family and I think jeb would be a bad president personally although he would be a lot better president then any of the democrats running and as far as Hillary goes I think she belongs in prison not in the Oval Office.

This election is crucial if a conservative or a libertarian isn't elected we could be buried under our debt like Greece is. We have a massive deficit caused by the fact that Obama has turned this nation into a welfare state and run the national debt up, someone has got to pay for that it's going to be me and my future children and I don't want them to have to pay most of there pay checks to pay of the debt that we will probably end up leaving them.

I'm a democrat, 99%. Ask me later about the other 1%. Although I was supporting Hilary from the beginning, something told me otherwise. The same people she's vowing to take down, or in other terms, reform wall street, have been the same people who have financed her campaigns. It seems though she's flipped flopped on issues as well. Also, the email scandal will take a tow on her. It wasn't right of her to use private email or try to hide emails from a thorough and conclusive investigation. But then again, she's not the only one who has come under fire for scandal. Even if she's wrong, she needs to come forward. She needs to gain the trust of the American people if she is to win their hearts.

On that note, I support Bernie Sander. I've been following his campaign and I intend to start a Bernie campaigning on my campus. Although I do not agree with the whole concept of free college -- it takes away the necessity of handwork and lowers our standard as student will take school less seriously since they know they will still get free college education-- I do however believe that college should be affordable, meaning that I should not rely on the government for my college, but I should be able to work and afford it. I also support the getting of money out of politics. I don't see how anyone cannot see that money in politics is essentially bribery and corruption. It should come as no surprise that the winning president loyalty is to his/her campaign financiers first, and the citizens last. All I can say is that democracy is dead in this country, yet we're the same country that wants to spread it to the rest of the world. Politicians are being bought and elections are being sold in this country. Unlike the rest of the candidates, Bernie is immune to the influence of big money. Previously and currently, Bernie is on the right side of history. In a nutshell, he represents the aspiration of the American people

As for the GOP, they are wrong on many things. Although I want to speak  on many Republicans' opposition, I picked few

- They want to repeal ObamaCare: It is here to stay. Republicans have held the presidential position but have not provided or yield a comprehensive healthcare reform. People in this country used to pay astronomical healthcare billed, and some of them continue to, because their state won't expand ObamaCare. Those same politicians have number of benefits and do not have to worry about healthcare cost. However, they want to repeal ObamaCare but are not presenting an alternative nor are they giving a concrete reason for their wanting of repealing it, although OBM statistics shows positive effects, as well as other statistics.

- They want to overturn the Supreme Court ruling: Equality before the eye of the law, that's all citizens ask of their government. It doesn't hurt someone for another person to choose to live a certain way they want to. As a matter of fact, what gives a man in Washington that right to tell another man how to live, or what gives a woman in Washington the right to tell another woman how to live? Whomever a man or a woman wishes to marry, so be it. After all, they are still humans and ought to be treated as one. 

- They want to turn back the tide of endless wars: Republicans want to struck down the Iran nuclear deal. It is a deal which is going to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. Striking it down will mean continuous sanctions and wars...and guess what, it is not the Iranians leaders who have to worry about those issues, but the citizens, because those leaders have access to the government resources to shield themselves. It is the people that are going to be hurt. On top of the sanctions, countless American young lives and Iranians live will be loss, while the Military Industrial Complex profit from the dead, and trillions go down the drain, instead of financing education and infrastructure.

- They oppose higher minimum wage: For a country that calls itself the land of opportunities, it is becoming increasingly hard to live in this country. Men and women are working long hours, some with two or more jobs, just so they could make a living. My dad is one of them. All sorts of expenses burden them down with no chance of financial and emotional stability. Needless to say, a higher minimum wage is good for a country. More money in people pocket mean more money being pump back into the economy, through numerous purchasing and investing. Furthermore, more money in people pocket will make them less reliant on government for food and educational assistance, which will create one less problem that Conservatives complain about. 

No Republican candidate seem likely to win. I would lambaste all of them, but I do not think it's necessary.