Naval Blockade Bug

Wallace Bruce

I am currently subject to a naval blockade.

I have destroyed my opponents ships with an airstrike but the blockade remains.

As this means I cannot replenish munitions/gas or transfer resources from Alliance bank, this leaves me open to attack from my opponents allies (and everyone else), which is what is happening.

I've read elsewhere that the blockade should cancel after the opponents ships have been destroyed with an airstrike - so why has this not happened?

Surely this can't be a "feature" of the game as this would mean you just have to have a single ship and a few army/tanks to bring down a more powerful nation (that doesn't have ships) - plus it makes a nonsense of shared Alliance resources as these cant be used during the blockade.

Can something be done to sort this out?

I went through all his wars and he is correct. He did destroy the players ships and said played does not have anymore ships at this time but he is still blockaded. I also went through his other wars to make sure none of the had him blockaded and there were no naval battles. Therefor not possible to be blockaded by any of them. 

I don't know why this is only happening to some people as when I just destroyed a ship that was blockading me my blockade from that certain war no longer exists. So it seems to be a problem that only occurs sometimes.

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

have you tried do a naval attack? I saw that mentioned in another of these threads

[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

have you tried do a naval attack? I saw that mentioned in another of these threads

That shouldn't matter. This is a big regardless whether he tried a naval attack. 

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

I don't have ships to do a naval attack and it does say one way to end a blockade is to destroy the opponents ships with an air strike so it shouldn't be necessary to build a navy.

If this permanent blockade is a feature of the game - even when the opponent has no ships - it means anyone can just get a single ship and moderate army/tanks and defeat another nation by preventing it from re-arming.

Seems a pretty significant flaw and am sure some alliances can use it to their advantage, use a stooge nation to set up a war, then alliance members pile in once the target is blockaded and unable to defend itself.

• Administrators

Code has been revised and this should be fixed. Airstrikes should now remove a blockade so long as the opponent has 0 ships at the end of it.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Will there be a re-credit for those of who has lost our defences and infrastructure through other nations exploiting the blockade bug?

No.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link