Locking topics in moderation support

Kemal Ergenekon

There has been several topics regarding :::CENSORED:::. I cannot write the name of the topic because in that case I would be :::CENSORED::: and this thread would be locked.

I would like to ask our moderation team and our glorious admin why topics in moderation support are locked when they have not received any satisfactory answer.

In some cases, such as the case seen here, the moderator has not even bothered to read the post, and locked the discussion, promising that it would be unlocked when Sheepy was back. Yet it was a lie. It was not unlocked.

I was going to post the following on another topic that was locked before I could reply

I provided a reasonable discussion here. It was locked 4 MINUTES LATER by a mod whose post clearly exhibits that he has not read my post at all. He says things are different here when I never made any references to modding anywhere other than P&W. If this is how you run things, I am pretty depressed about the future of this game's community.

Stuff might be against your rules and bla bla. Yes, we have to respect it. Yes, this is not a democracy.

Tell me then: what does it speak of a moderation team when the said team has to lock topics in the forum section called "Moderation Support" even when you do not have a democracy?

I will leave the answer to that question to the readers.

You can lock this now, because I hurt your feelings.

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon
  • Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

Topics are locked when the question has clearly been answered and is now simply being ignored and repeated.

The threads in question were not needed to be reopened as the question was answered by sheepy in his announcement. We are not unwilling to discuss rules as you will see many threads here doing that, but if you refuse to listen and disregard what we say, your threads will get locked.

Topics are locked when the question has clearly been answered and is now simply being ignored and repeated.

That is obviously not the case regarding my post. It was locked without being read. It was locked to prevent further discussion. The mod locking my thread locked it 3 to 4 minutes after I posted it, citing me and making an incorrect inference. I don't believe he had read it in 3-4 minutes given his comprehension errors.

So why is it not unlocked?

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon
77oKn5K.png

Because, whilst you may have worded it differently it boils down to you discussing the same issue the last 5 threads had been, and it made more sense to just lock them and wait for a final word from sheepy, which was had.

Because, whilst you may have worded it differently it boils down to you discussing the same issue the last 5 threads had been, and it made more sense to just lock them and wait for a final word from sheepy, which was had.

No, it does not boil down to discussing the same issue. I have raised an argument about what maximizes the growth of the P&W player-base. I have provided arguments as to why the recent act might detract from the growth. It received no reply or instigated no discussion because it was locked.

You thinking it was answered is not the same as it being answered.

• Upvote 5
77oKn5K.png