{Discussion} Wiki Categories

Dr Rush

• Wiki Mod

Sheepy has given me the green light to do a major restructuring of the wiki. However I would like some feedback on the new layout before implementing it. Keep in mind I can only nest three groups deep & I plan on the lowest level being frequently viewed pages. This is the structure that will at the top right navigation pane. Every page must be able to fit in one of these subcategories. This structure allows for every page for every page to be accessible from anywhere in 2 clicks.

While this setup is comprehensive it will not cover every need. So other categories would still exist in the background. Provided they are not redundant & are actually used.

Here is my plan for the new category structure; 

Mechanics: This would be the master category housing all game mechanics related pages.

Cities: This would house all pages related to cities such as improvements pages.

Military: Pages about combat, units, & other related subjects.

Politics: Stuff about creating alliances & the mechanics behind them.

Misc.: stuff like color stock.

Alliances: Master Category for everything alliance.

For the sake consistency with the others & not becoming overly cluttering I've decided that this should go by continent. The templates already add these pages by both color & location so the colors pages would exist for those that want them, just not as the foreground listing.

Nations: Master category for pages about individual nations.

This should also absolutely go by continent since a nation will change its color pretty much anytime they change alliances.

Leaders: Master category for everything about the people who run countries.

I would go with by continent for this same as nations for the same reason.

Politics: Everything about meta politics goes here.

not sure how to organize this section so I'll leave it open

Treaties?

Blocs?

General: Everything else goes here.

Guides/strategy: this where guides & the like would end up.

History: stuff like memoirs of major wars would go here. This might merit its own section but I'm trying to avoid to many masters.

Misc.: Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Workshop: If it is unfinished, broken, or otherwise in need of work then it would end up here.

UnderConstruction pages:

Templates:

Out of date:

Wiki Policies:

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

What came to my mind is that currently there is a way to distinguish between active and defunct alliances/nations... here there is not.

Perhaps a subcategory of a subcategory (if that is possible)?

Edited by TsarNicholasII

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg

• Wiki Mod

The defunct category would still exist in the background as it does now. Also defunct nations/alliances have label templates. Though a case could be made for this category to appear in the navigation list if people looked up defunct nations/alliances with sufficient frequency.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Honestly at this point I would say the #1 priority is just putting basic game mechanics into an easily to reference format. I would even say that just C&P'ing the descriptions of items like infra improvements and military units would be a huge upgrade over what exists presently. 

• Wiki Mod

I'm working on multiple things at the moment. However the sooner a frame work is in place the better the easier it is on me. I can create the new categories & implement the new navigation tree in about 5 mins. However then each page will need to be individually redone so it appears.