API Suggestions: Trello Board

Jacob Knox

I wanted to post this here for those who may not be in the Politics & Development server (you can join here) or don't check there often.

I have done my best to coalesce all of the existing API-related suggestions from the Development server as well as some from the main server and Forums into one central Trello board to promote collaboration and transparency for the API Team. I will do my best to update this as suggestions roll in and/or the status of a suggestion's status is updated while encouraging my fellow API Team members to do the same. With the approval of Village and Alex, I am happy to share this with you all here.

With all of this said... please always feel welcome to let your API suggestions be known by posting here (in the Game Suggestions subforum or as a reply to this post), messaging me on Discord or in-game, or sending them in the Development server (preferably the api-ideas-and-feedback channel).

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Hi I wanted to know if this will be possible as I think it would be interesting towards creating some sense of automation in a form of a locust bot like discord but in game. 

Ok here’s the idea: as apart of nation query you have a message query which views message information of ONLY your nation. Eg.

nation{
name

message{
id

with

contents{
sender

senderid

senderalliance

message(first:10)

}
}

Additionally a mutation can be implemented which sends a message towards a message id or to the most recent message with a previously set variable as an answer or a set text response. 

Also a small question: using graph ql on website how do I input a mutation. Thanks for consideration!

for a mutation you need a bot key (different from an API key) which can only be obtained if you DM Village + fill out a form. in the graphql website, theres a headers section in which you type:

{"X-Bot-Key": "your bot key",
      "X-Api-Key": "your api key/ api key of person withdrawing"}

then obviously in your query you do mutation{ ...}

additionally part of what you're suggesting is already being developed, but I think either Village said it was too automated or he's still in the process of making it

Hope this helps

4 hours ago, Adam II said:

additionally part of what you're suggesting is already being developed, but I think either Village said it was too automated or he's still in the process of making it

If I understand correctly, they're essentially asking to be able to read messages through the API and be able to send them. Reading has been shot down, to my understanding, and sending is already a thing through the send-messages endpoint. I have no clue if we have plans to shift that to a mutation, but I can add it on there.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

I think he meant to send messages to certain communications instead of having to send a new message with a new header etc. 

Not sure the use of it, maybe for bots to reply to people messaging them or an automated messaging system, but it seems quite useless. Especially without being able to know what they've sent you beforehand

5 hours ago, Adam II said:

automated messaging system, but it seems quite useless. Especially without being able to know what they've sent you beforehand

It was kind of like an automated messaging system, where I could send raid targets and etc…. However, as I was stated by @Jacob Knox that it won’t be planned in the future. So now I just want the send message system to more easily make a recruitment bot as I can’t use Linux due to my Chromebook having problems :( 

Edited by R.E.P
Some typos