[Suggestion] Making Alliances Great Again

SlyWolf21

So my current alliance (and my old ones lul Aurora) probably despise me because I'll wake up in the middle of the night with random ideas on changing stuff and what not. Decided I'd throw some of these into a forum post to get people talking and to increase my rep of being chaotic good. In no particular order, just writing it down as they come to my head here are some changes that (idk how easy I haven't coded in ages) could make the game better or more interesting. 

1) Alliance government types?: TLDR Make alliances actually different with bonuses besides just a theme and choosing between 100/100 or 0/0 taxes.

Apparently there used to be government types for alliances. Why not bring them back, and allow each alliance to choose one (allow to change based on time or credits). The kicker is each gov type would be different and confer different bonuses alliance wide. Maybe a Monarchy can gather their troops faster since all power is centralized so you get a boost to daily recruitment value. A soviet union styled one could select a gov type that reduces daily upkeep for everyone in the AA. Maybe remove the military salvage and make it an alliance wide buff if you choose a certain gov type. 

2) Alliance Wonders?: TLDR I play CK2 and CK3. Why stop at treasures, lets add the chance for alliances to build wonders for bonuses?

Help. I have all this money in my alliance bank but I don't want to spend it on my actual members. What can I do? Im glad you asked imaginary other half of this convo. You could do the logical thing and boost yourself to c69. Or what if you had something to spend it on that helped everyone? This idea is basically spending alliance money (lots of money, not cheap) to develop wonders. Personally I think any alliance should be able to build them not just a select few (or else that'll monopolize it all in the top leaderboards) Anyways. Allow the wonders to confer bonuses once complete, but charge the alliance a daily upkeep. You build idk the hanging gardens, and give a bonus to food production or reduce radiations effects on food. You build the Eiffel tower and get a discount on infrastructure. Same principle as before. Could add in the bit from EU4 where if you build up its "splendor" and get more perks, but if you go to war or lose too much its splendor goes down and reduces the perks. Could also add extra bits like CK3 where you finished the Great Lighthouse. You already got the main trade buff, but you sink your money into the extra add-on, and boom now you have a smugglers cove that lets you trade small amounts of resources while blockaded. No clue. Just going wild here. Gimme some cocaine and we can flesh these ideas out. 

3) Weather and Terrain?: TLDR Add more randomness, and add more changes to meta units based on said randomness. AKA weather rolls and terrain

We have in game days, seasons, and etc. But the only time it matters is when you note the universal day change, and wanna farm food. Also I wanna stick it to Anri for saying theres never a good time to lead with a naval attack. Why? because ships suck. So this idea is two fold. It adds in a dice roll to combat. (or a series of dice roles, I got some ideas that could make it pretty fun if you ever wanna hear) Boom you rolled a nat 1. That sucks it means there's a nasty blizzard. --effectiveness of infantry -increased fuel usage something something. Rolled a 6? Clear skies no change. Rolled a 3? Torrential downpour. --effectiveness of tanks --max number of planes you can use. Oh no a 4. Idk tornado? Any land combat/sky combat would be a defeat and see comparable losses on both sides. 

-Idea I had earlier is to roll a series of dice rolls at start of a war. So there's always 10 outcomes saved or something. You can see the next 3 weather conditions normally. Build a project Idk doppler radar net? Weather Sat? and get access to 5 conditions ahead of time. So you can strategize further ahead than your opponent. This would spice things up, maybe you can't just get online and spam 5 navals to beige. Maybe you gotta plan a head and try to use your other forces to win. Etc etc. 

-Terrain Idea. Basically same as weather but allowing a constant increase to whatever per nation. Could be based on location on the map, could be selected or random idk. Boom your nation is in the swamp lands. Any attackers would have a hard time fighting land combat there, but so would you. Oh an island paradise? Increase the effectiveness of ships. etc etc. No clue just came to me last second. 

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

I like the war ideas. I personally think there needs to be some more strategy or at least randomness in wars. imagine if a raider declared war but then it started raining so you had time to build up and then what coulve been a lightning death turned into a big slog. that could be really cool