Fortress Worlds or the Great Wheel

Spectral

Far out on Harmony, a construction crew was leveling an area to begin building a water treatment facility. While they began extracting a massive amount of soil to get to the water table, they bumped into a piece of metal. Upon further investigation, it appeared as though a massive structure was buried underneath. Within 14 hours if this discovery, a massive team of ONI scientists and 8 Spartan teams set up a temporary facility.  Within 19 hours, a force of 1,100 marines took up residence at an ever growing fleet of tents.

.:Classified:.

" Yes ma'am. Whatever this is. Has been here for thousands of years. This technology.... Its beyond our comprehension. But it does spread of these Fortress Worlds, a large ring-like structure. Its a weapon of some sort, but we have no idea the true scale or power behind it. There are coordinates, but it seems they used a different system... I can make a few guesses as to where it might be, though." The slender woman told her superior over the holovid.

"I see... Send me the coordinates, and I'll have proves sent out to investigate the locations. Meanwhile, I want that facility being research around the clock." Cait Mendez told her, an air of excitement exuding from her.

"What do you think this means, ma'am?" The division Chief asked her.

"I think it means that a super intelligent precursor alien race either exists or did exist long ago. Whatever the case, their technology can fling us ever forward. I'm making this top priority for RnD staff." Cait Mendez told her, before abruptly ending the call and moving to make arrangements.

"We cannot let anyone else discover this. As far as anyone is aware, its either an old insurrectionist station or a defunct ONI facility, and it needs to stay that way. This technology needs to stay in our hands." Cait told Charles, her deputy director.

"Very well, ma'am. Well make sure it stays classified." He told her, before scurrying off.

• Upvote 1