• Administrators

First off, I've added 5 new improvements to the game. You've now got the:

Police Station (Max 5)

Decreases crime according to the following:

(200000/Population)+5

Hospital (Max 5)

Decreases disease according to the following:

(200000/Population)+5

Recycling Center (Doesn't actually do anything yet since I haven't implemented the pollution index stuff/Max 3)

Decreases pollution index by 5 points

Subway (Pollution Index part not active yet/Max 1)

Increases commerce by 5% (equivalent to a $0.25 increase to average income) and decreases pollution index by 2 points

The above improvements require the city to be powered to work.

Farm (max 5)

Produces 20 tons of food per day

With the addition of farms we have a new resource, food. We've been discussing resources lately and I think it was decided that just having food would be the simplest/easiest way to have it as a part of the game. Currently there's no downside to not having enough food besides you won't be able to collect your revenue, but I'm thinking something like:

If you don't have enough food, each of your cities' average income will automatically become $2.50 (equivalent to 0% commerce) and a decent portion of the population will die (basically, a huge drop in income when you do collect). Of course, with this method, you'd still be able to collect without enough food but you'd be taking a massive hit in income.

Food consumption is equivalent to 1 ton per 1,000 people. Ideally, small nations will be able to create a surplus of food and export it to larger nations.

----

A little bit of a tangent here, but as for resources:

I think everyone agrees that a few important resources is better than a lot of useless ones. My latest idea is that we have 6 resources, and each continent gets a bonus for one of them. Here's what I had in mind:

North America: Bonus production in food (something like 30 food per farm instead of 20?)

South America: Bonus production in Lumber (I'm thinking lumber will be needed for improvements or new cities or marvels or something?)

Asia: Bonus production in Oil (Again, something like 1.5 or 2x more than average oil well would get)

Australia: Bonus production in Aluminum (Aluminum would be like lumber but more important for military)

Europe: Bonus production in Iron (Iron would be like lumber)

Africa: Uranium (again like food or oil)

Give me lots of feedback guys! ;)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think 1 food per 1000 people is a bit too much , because we will want to build cities with hundrends thousand(or even millions) of people to have a decent military , maybe 1 food per 10000 people?

Sultan of the Fartistan Sultanate , Lord of iberia

• Administrators

I think it's a good amount. Here's why:

Max food production per city is 5 farms at 20 food each, or 100 food maximum. This is if you dedicate 5 of your precious improvement slots to farms. Because of this, you can only support a population of up to 100,000 in each city before you need to import food. This will be a great way to drive market demand and make food something highly valuable and traded. Plus, if North American nations get a food bonus then they will be able to produce more to meet everyone's needs globally. Alliances could dominate the food-trading market. There's a lot of possibilities without limiting things too much (since you won't need to important food for quite some time as a new nation).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

...I had a post about what I thought would be necessary to allow the growth of the game and food and farms and agrarianism and all sorts of stuff, and then I hit backspace and instead of deleting a letter I got teleported back a page.

gg, farms.

CQVbTuN.png

• Administrators

Sour. Hopefully this system will be a good foundation and we can also build and tweak it from here.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Archived