11/11/2013 - Updated Cities Page & Create Cities

Alex

• Administrators

I've more or less completed the "Cities" page so it now no longer only links to your capital city. It displays all of your cities, and also provides you with the option to create new cities. The more cities you have, the more expensive they are to build so that the emphasis isn't on expanding to a million cities but instead a few well developed cities.

The formula for new city cost is this:

C = 25000(X-1)^2 + 25000X + 50000

Where C is cost and X is # of cities in your nation. The base price at one city is $75,000 and it only goes up from there.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Perhaps an option to delete a city on the bar like put an X there after doing so 25% of the people goes into a city already created everything else gets deleted.

I don't see what the point of this is. Either abuse of this feature will be cheaper than directly developing existing cities, allowing large nations to rapidly build and demolish a multitude of throwaway cities in order to populate and thereby cheaply develop major cities, or else it will be more expensive than directly developing existing cities, and the feature will be unused (or, worse yet, it will be used accidentally and there will be complaints when players lose their beloved major cities).

I just don't think that any good could come of allowing the demolition of cities. If anything, fees should be applied, since realistically a whole city being razed and all of its inhabitants being resettled would be highly expensive. But that voids the entire purpose of demolishing the city, because it will always be more profitable to maintain and develop it than to demolish it, and will therefore lead to the latter problem mentioned above.

All in all, I see no reason to demolish cities. Renaming them, yes. Very much yes. That is a thing that should happen. I am tired of naming a city on a whim because I want to develop my nation and then realizing the next day how stupid the name is. Perhaps at a fee. I love fees.

CQVbTuN.png

I don't see what the point of this is. Either abuse of this feature will be cheaper than directly developing existing cities, allowing large nations to rapidly build and demolish a multitude of throwaway cities in order to populate and thereby cheaply develop major cities, or else it will be more expensive than directly developing existing cities, and the feature will be unused (or, worse yet, it will be used accidentally and there will be complaints when players lose their beloved major cities).

I just don't think that any good could come of allowing the demolition of cities. If anything, fees should be applied, since realistically a whole city being razed and all of its inhabitants being resettled would be highly expensive. But that voids the entire purpose of demolishing the city, because it will always be more profitable to maintain and develop it than to demolish it, and will therefore lead no the latter problem mentioned above.

All in all, I see no reason to demolish cities. Renaming them, yes. Very much yes. That is a thing that should happen. I am tired of naming a city on a whim because I want to develop my nation and then realizing the next day how stupid the name is. Perhaps at a fee. I love fees.

Well excuuuuse me...

• Administrators

I have to agree with Von Konig on this one, demolishing cities is pretty pointless. And I'm planning on making nation name, leader name, and city names changeable for a fee in the future.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Archived