War system inequity

Deja

The war system is not fair, and holds almost no way of winning if you start even slightly behind as the winningness compounds on itself. 

This should not be a thing: 

High Emperor Paladin's forces lost 7 aircraft, while your defenders lost 92 aircraft.

I don't even care how big of an advantage one side has, that as a regular occurrence is a little ridiculous. I get it if it's a one-off unlikely happening, but that's a typical result when one side has an advantage. Which means if I get attacked and my attacker has a 10% edge on me numerically in forces, he has a MUCH larger than 10% advantage over me in winning the war, especially with the element of surprise (ground attack, immense triumph, wipe out airforce and tanks). 

This also means one stacked opponent vs two moderately stacked opponents ends up with zero forces in less than a day which is both unfair, uneven, and unrealistic.  Somehow making that advantage compound less needs to be built into the way losses are calculated. Perhaps the core problem is that immense triumphs happen WAY too often. 

It's one of those things that may seem unfair, but it's pretty realistic...

If i fought 2 guys my exact strength, i'd get my ass kicked.

Give an example of how you'd fix the war system.

Anyone can state something they don't like.

Icwalk.gif

Game > Reality

Other then that, was there anything the OP is suggesting to fix this? Otherwise this could be posted in the Discussion section. I think now is a great time to discuss the war system.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

It isnt Unfair. Its the same for everyone. Just learn the mechanics and work with them. The key is friends, you might need better ones.

If it were the same for everyone and were equitable, a 10% advantage in troops would come out to a roughly 10% advantage in the battles. But that isn't so. 

If it were the same for everyone and were equitable, a 10% advantage in troops would come out to a roughly 10% advantage in the battles. But that isn't so. 

Eh no? if you have 10% advantage you get the good results. so get more cities/more and better friends.

Ole2.png

Eh no? if you have 10% advantage you get the good results. so get more cities/more and better friends.

Right, equally tall people have equal advantages in business. Just get taller. 

We're talking about the war system and its fairness. 

Edited by Deja

Right, equally tall people have equal advantages in business. Just get taller. 

We're talking about the war system and its fairness. 

Yes, and its the same for everyone so i dont get the crying.

I updeclare all the time, its not an issue if you know what to do.

Ole2.png

If i fought 2 guys my exact strength, i'd get my ass kicked.

Yes, but in this game, if you fought two people that are 2/3 your strength, they'd get their asses kicked, even though together they should be able to team up to beat you. But because immense triumphs are so one-sided and don't require a large edge to effectively wipe out forces at a 10:1 ratio, as long as you stay on top of it, you can dominate those two easily. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, but in this game, if you fought two people that are 2/3 your strength, they'd get their asses kicked, even though together they should be able to team up to beat you. But because immense triumphs are so one-sided and don't require a large edge to effectively wipe out forces at a 10:1 ratio, as long as you stay on top of it, you can dominate those two easily.

That's a good thing. It makes strategy less reliant on how many people you have and instead on how you use the people you have.

6XmKiC2.png

Unless they know how to coordinate.

If you don't get it, I don't know what to tell you. 

Maybe reread the OP? 

Maby you need to reread the definition of Unfair?

Its not unfair when it can benefit anyone, its fair as hell...

Ole2.png