Suggestion on Nation Sitting

Roquentin

I think it would make sense to allow nation sitting for people who are going away. Wars are decided fairly quickly in this game and someone's nation not being useful for 2 weeks can have huge effects on the outcome. Alliances aren't particularly big in the game, so losing almost any quantity of usually active members to VM for  a war can be quite costly. Of course, rules like not being able to fight the same target with both nations would be in play. It would also allow alliances to see who is willing to put their nation on the line.

probably puts us on a slippery slope, i agree with Callum about it being too close to multis for my liking

for alliance wars i think legitimate player activity should be encouraged anyways, because otherwise the deciding factors in war devolve into 'who has more/better pixels'

• Upvote 1

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

>NPO declares war on BK with 3 other alliances

>Still needs "nation sitting" because they still dont have enough control over their own people and havent filled all slots already

Srsly thats a stupid idea because i can tell 20 people to create PW nation then and just do the nation sitting them....

And you cant win a game if you arent active. Try Total war multiplayer while you are afk....

>NPO declares war on BK with 3 other alliances

>Still needs "nation sitting" because they still dont have enough control over their own people and havent filled all slots already

Srsly thats a stupid idea because i can tell 20 people to create PW nation then and just do the nation sitting them....

And you cant win a game if you arent active. Try Total war multiplayer while you are afk....

Nice attempt to politicize the issue. Nation sitting would be limited to one nation per sitter.

------

probably puts us on a slippery slope, i agree with Callum about it being too close to multis for my liking

for alliance wars i think legitimate player activity should be encouraged anyways, because otherwise the deciding factors in war devolve into 'who has more/better pixels'

Well, it works pretty well in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways).

Here are the rules:

Things to remember before making your nation sitting request:

• YOU MUST RECEIVE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF NATION SITTING APPROVAL FROM A MODERATOR IN YOUR THREAD BEFORE ENGAGING IN NATION SITTING! Failure to wait until you've received that confirmation will likely result in the deletion of all involved nations, and we will not restore any nations deleted because the sitting was reported improperly and/or the impatient parties involved didn't wait until they received written permission.
  • Make your request at most 4 days before the person being sat is leaving.
  • Maximum length for sitting is 10 weeks. No exceptions will be made.
  • You cannot aid, trade, or war with/along side a nation you are currently involved in a nation sitting agreement with. Any outstanding trades or foreign aid will be cancelled and marked as cheating as soon as the sitter logs on to the sat nation.
  • You may only nation sit ONE nation at a time. Likewise, you may only be sat by one player at a time, and if your nation is being sat, you may not sit anyone else.
  • Nation sitting in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways):TE is not allowed.
  • If your request is denied for whatever reason and you need to resubmit, make a new post.
  • Your thread is for requests only, any questions should be directed to a moderator.
  • Either the person sitting or the person being sat may file the request.
  • Nation sitting will not be approved for inactive mode nations, no exceptions. This applies whether the nation enters inactive mode before or after the request is made.

I'm not a fan of the idea.

It's a zero-sum game. As soon as people can do it, they need to do it just because the other side does. It's to the disadvantage to all the active people who now have to become nation sitters to keep up.

• Upvote 1