US Government (Enclave) signs in a new Bill NSPD-51

Church

National Security Presidential Directive 51

"National Contingency Plan"

National Security Director to the Press:

The US Congress has voted on a new Bill, NSPD-51, which is our new National Contingency Plan. This Directive has been set on standby in case of emergency. 

NSPD-51 or "Executive Directive 51" was signed by President Jeffery Michener today, this Contingency plan is described as a Presidential Directive which claims power to execute procedures for the Continuation of the Federal Government the event of a "catastrophic emergency". Such an emergency is construed as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions. The Directive says that, when the president considers an emergency to have occurred, an "Enduring Constitutional Government" comprising "a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President," will take the place of the nation's regular government.

Thank you, no further questions.

(OOC: Which means if all else fails, we will just install a dictatorship. Also this is a completely real thing in the US, just look it up and read about it. Complete loophole for the president to take charge. Also sorry for the constant posting, I promise this will be the last for the day  :P )

Edited by Dean Monroe

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer 

OOC: Yeah I have read about that and I believe that plan is called "Rex 84" aka "Readiness Exercise 1984" because it was planned back in 1984. Technically it's everything your saying right now that if something big happens in the US then the president gets all the power and the US constitution is ignored and suspended. Also Martial Law would be in affect.

-

-

-

Arnaldo Florin| King of San Florence

OOC: The Divisin?! So I'm Geussimg you will become a dictator again...

Only if we get nuked......

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer