Error when sending trade (to me)

JPMorgan

It seems like your nation is messing up your leader name and your nation name or something.

Since when i copy and paste "JP Morgan & Co" i'm able to trade with you.

Edit: Yup, the game automatically puts your leader name into the trade menu instead of your nation name.

Edited by Peacity Peace
Icwalk.gif

The issue is because of the ampersand in your name. New trade offers, when you click the link on a nation page, send you to a url ending in /nation=name. This works fine when you just have an alphanumeric name. However, the ampersand is a reserved character in URIs, and is not interpreted as plaintext (it's used to separate parameters in a url, e.g. here). The way to get around this is to percent-encode the url (e.g. here), which Sheepy has not done. I tried creating a trade with your nation percent-encoded (i.e. ending with /nation=JP%20Morgan%20%26%20Co (spaces are another character that sometimes needs percent-encoding) instead of /nation=JP Morgan & Co), but that didn't work either. After a bit of fiddling I've concluded that the game decodes the URL before processing it, meaning that it converts "%20%26%20" back to " & " before dealing with it like a normal URL (i.e. ignoring the fact that we didn't want the & to be a special &). But if you percent-encode the percent-encoded URL (i.e. ending with /nation=JP%2520Morgan%2520%2526%2520Co (the percent sign is another reserved character that needs to be encoded)) then it will work exactly as desired.

tl;dr use this link (or enter things manually) until Sheepy fixes things.

Edit: IPB auto-detecting URLs is dicks.

Edited by Roll Sheepy
  • Upvote 2
RollSheepy.png