A question about improvements

Sam Hyde

24 members have voted

1. 1. How unbalanced would it be if all buildings could be built infinitely, like power plants?

• Not at all
    • A little
    • Moderately
    • Very
    • Irrepairably
  2. 2. Would you like to be able to build an infinite amount of buildings?

• Yes, and no balancing is necessary
    • Yes, if balancing changes were to be made
    • No, it is too unbalanced

I'm curious about something that dangled into my mind recently: power plant improvements (and military improvements in the test version of PaW) have no limit on the amount they can be placed in a city, while all other improvements have varying limits. So I'm making a poll pair, mostly for personal curiosity (and before you jump at me, no I'm not pushing for it); just pick the answer that matches your thoughts. And if you feel the need to elaborate on your opinion, feel free to make a post.

Personally, I think when applied to commerce and civil improvements, it would push people to keep buying stadiums and recycling centers, while ignoring the other commerce buildings, including subways. No one buys the max amount of police stations and hospitals, but I don't see them affected by such a change. In terms of manufacturing and resources, it'd cause a flood of resources to appear, messing up market prices, while in military, vertically-grown nations could easily field armies that could defend their size, though things would get cheeky when lower city nations raid higher city ones with impunity.

:^)

• 2 weeks later...