Limit down declarations based on number of cities

Azaghul

You can only declare war on nations with at least 75% as many cities as you.

The idea here is that in many cases, especially in big alliance to alliance wars, the limiting factor militarily for most nations is number of cities, because they max out barracks and possibly air force bases or factories or naval bases as well.  The number of cities determines the number of units you can buy each day and your total cap.

In that sense, passed a certain point where people have a decent number of improvement slots, number of cities is far more important than infra levels in determining military capability.

Alternative: NS values of cities vs infra.

I thought about suggesting that the NS values of cities should be increased, and infrastructure decreased, to reflect this.  And this may still be a good idea and alternative or addition to my suggestion here.  But I do think nations that have taken huge infra losses shouldn't be faced with the same level opponents round after round, which only changing the NS values might do.  Military improvements could also count towards NS value.

Why is this needed?

We'll eventually have situations where nations lose a lot of NS from infra (especially if they eat a lot of nukes) have a ton of military improvements, and even lots of standing military if the infra disparity is big enough, and can declare on nations with about half as many cities, who will have very little ability to fight back because of their huge disadvantage in unit caps and rebuying ability.  With those nations, the current nation strength formula significantly underestimates their actual military capability, allowing them to declare wars significantly beyond what the declaration limits currently are designed to do.  My suggestion provides a check on that.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

What is to stop people limiting their city count and maxing infra so that they can declare on nations far smaller than they are?

You still can't declare on nations below 75% of your NS count.  This just adds another check on down declares.

GnWq7CW.png