March/Colony/Capital/Breadbasket

Rozalia

First off please keep in mind these would be restricted to 1 each only, and you would not be able to change the city you apply it to. Unless defined as applying to your nation the below effects all apply to the one city.

March - To those unaware a March is defined as a militarised border region. In game a March can be made different in a couple of manners listed below (not saying all should be implemented, just putting down some ideas).

1: Military improvements cannot be destroyed by the enemy nor deleted by the player.

2: The 18 first improvements must be in no order be 5 barracks, 5 factories, 5 air force bases, and 3 shipyards.

3: Give the military improvements increased capacity (instead of 15,000 troops from 5 barracks, 20,000 perhaps).

4: Give a 5% military upkeep reduction to your nation.

Colony - When making a new city you have the one time option of making that city a colony city. Some possible differences below.

1: The colony will on a different continent so you will be able to mine different resources. Possibly to not screw people allow through credits to change it's continent.

2: Cannot build military improvements.

3: Reduced population count from infra.

4: The small growth the colony city gets can be increased a bit above the normal rate (not too much so it isn't crazy obviously)

Capital - Already outlined some ideas in one of my previous suggestions: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7121-capital-bonuses/

Breadbasket - the fertile lands where you grow your food.

1: Farms allowed doubled to 16.

2: Farms cap must first be reached in this city before you can build farms in other cities.

3: Mass Irrigation no longer takes up a project slot

4: Cannot build mines/refineries. 

5: Cannot build military improvements.

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 1

the colony thing has already been shot down more than once.

None of these appear to be very helpful as they really just seem like they undermine the present mechanics. It just sounds like someone wants an easy button.

the colony thing has already been shot down more than once.

None of these appear to be very helpful as they really just seem like they undermine the present mechanics. It just sounds like someone wants an easy button.

I am aware the colony matter has been brought up many times but I needed to come up with city types and it was an obvious one. I believe I also didn't make it overpowered or anything like that.

Please do expand on that as I don't really see anything that warrents talk of an easy button... unless looking at it you think March's effect of not having military buildings destroyed applies to all the cities which wouldn't be the case (I'll edit regardless).