Military Production Bonus

Malakai

Wars tends to be catalysts for invention, change, and adaptation. WWII has always stood out for me, specifically the unification of the country following the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the adaptation of our women to fill the industrial jobs of the men on the front lines to both take care of their families but also to increase war production.

My suggestion is that when a nation is involved in a defensive war, it provides a boost of morale or national pride, which then correlates to a 12% increase in the number of tanks, planes, ships, and soldiers they can produce over the course of that war. Furthermore, I'd suggest that the bonus increase to 16% for a second war, and 20% if all defensive slots are filled. 

For me (at C40), this means with three wars I can create an additional 40k soldiers, 2000 tanks, 120 aircraft, and 24 ships per day. A well executed double buy for my nation would be 480k soldiers, 24k tanks, 1440 aircraft, and 288 ships.

After figuring these numbers, I see there is room to expand and contract to find a balance. I don't think it need to apply to missiles, BUT I absolutely think it should apply to nukes and that the same 24hour protections should extend to the second nuke as well. I think you could realistically push the bonus to near 30% if the numbers I'm running in my head are good.

Its not much, but its a starting point, and frankly, greater production means more resources removed from the game so it might help with commerce as well.

Edited by Malakai
  • Like 1

@Village

I'd like to add another dimension to it when y'all do talk about it. Even though one catalyst can bring a nation together, time is usually all that's needed to fracture and splinter the resolve, even if its only slightly. So, we could make the bonus fade over time. Given that our wars are an accelerated approximation of real-life conflict, I recommend something like the image below.

image.thumb.png.69d1d5340e75e881cfd075620a6a94f0.png

Edited by Malakai
  • Thanks 1