Gas/Munition Population Consumption

Syrachime

A random thought occurred to me recently.  It seems like gas and munitions are only useful during war time, but to help with the stagnant resources, what if they had some consumption by the the general population itself?

What I'm proposing is that the population of our citizens consume gasoline each day with that number rising according to how many people are in your nation.  Similar to how they consume food and power plants consume uranium.  The idea behind this is that it simulates the gasoline the population uses via travel whether it's private, or public transit.  We are a world that runs on fossil fuels, so having a steady consumption of gas each day would lead to a need for more gas producers and give gasoline a use other than war.  Maybe projects can be introduced that reduces this consumption, or buffs added to green technology or something.

I think the same thing should happen for Munitions, but mostly for the police improvements.  Each police station reduces crime, but consumes a small bit of munitions each day to simulate actual law enforcement resources.  Again, projects can be introduced to reduce this consumption.

With these types of ideas, more resources would be consumed and move a rather stagnant market.  It would give incentive for, again, people to produce these resources and help add value to resources that are otherwise useless outside of war.  Aluminum and steel are already pretty important, but Gas and munitions rarely see any use outside of war and projects.  Having gas/munitions consumed daily based on population factors/needs would get those markets moving in my opinion.  I wouldn't make the consumption game breaking, but like how power plants use Uranium could be a solid thing to consider.  Just my thoughts.

Edited by Syrachime
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...