[Manifesto] Yungie, United Commerce Republic, and the Micro/Nanosphere: A Case Study (Part 2)

The Terminator

Welcome back!

Many of you may have seen Part 1 of my Manifesto - [Manifesto] Ragnar Lothbrok and the Nanosphere: A Case Study (Part 1)

I am delighted to say that the occasion for a Part 2 has presented itself.  The purpose of these Manifesto entries is to shed some light on how things can operate in the tumultuous Nano and Micro space.  In addition, we may find teachable moments to learn from.

The Introduction

It is common knowledge, at least among those who actually have any in the first place, that many players & alliances tend to have an inflated sense of power, influence, information, etc.  It is commonplace for these alliances to grow over time - ultimately finding themselves in a position where they have a decent # of players.  They do this by representing a front of competence, and grandiose promises.  These types of alliances (of which there are many) will pine on and on about caring for members and operating with their best interests at heart...sadly...this is seldom the case.  My personal favorite example of this is whenever alliances continue to buy cities for their members past c11 without UP; c16+ without AUP; and sometimes even c21+ without MUP.  This is as a result of both incompetence, as well as lack of care for members as these types of practices not only waste money for everyone involved, but dig players into a hole that they generally cannot dig themselves out of.

Yungie

This is a tale of Yungie - the "Director of Defense" of United Commerce Republic .

Once upon a time, a meager Raider - The Boogeyman - was searching for targets throughout Orbis.  You see, Mr. Boogeyman harbors no ill will towards any of his fellow inhabitants.  In fact there is honor in war.  Whether it is when he lost ~240mil forgetting to move his safekeep, or whenever receiving SOLID counters...Mr. Boogeyman is only ever happy to see those who are competent thrive.

However...there are times when certain alliances practically paint a target on their back; due to lacking the basic fundamentals of what it takes to ensure that they do not become a target for those ready to seize opportunities in the harsh world we live in.  

After a solid week or two of raiding UCR, Mr. Boogeyman was finally winding down with his raids as picking on those less fortunate for too long is shameful.  Yungie, the DiReCtOr oF dEfEnSe, did his absolute best via two rounds of counters to protect the members he cares SO much for -.-

This is how it unfolded.

The Timeline

image.thumb.png.d76d1d647dda44d8ccc40bb3b23c9764.png

Mr. Boogeyman (Thomas Eichhorst), reached out to Yungie (Baddest) hoping to secure peace following another round of successful pillaging of UCR's members.  Sadly, Mr. Boogeyman did make the mistake of writing ear instead of war.

image.thumb.png.4dbee8afa4ccecc91649fb878fc04211.png

Yungie accepts peace, after Mr. Boogeyman explains that with 12 MAPs stacked Yungie will lose many aircraft for no reason.

Yungie tells Mr. Boogeyman that the site is not loading for him.

image.thumb.png.00c68a79536492ac8f53dc7794a2fb33.png

Mr. Boogeyman explains that he will have to continue with the airstrikes before the next turn change.

image.thumb.png.e6e647682faa7dd7e3276a568f6de8e1.png

In good faith, Mr. Boogeyman informs Yungie that there is about an hour until turn change...before assuming that Yungie is asleep - deciding to honor the peace that was offered.  Yungie, being wise beyond measure, decides to renege on his word...the only thing a man has.  Sharing the loot from the war, clearly a MASSIVE blow has been dealt to Mr. Boogeyman.

Delusion V. Truth

image.png.dfc3aef9064732bb6f6af0b61b8d7076.png

image.png.0551a4166b0726b98cba841fd6054ec5.png

image.png.31b59532c1db119b418e93be6e181f08.png

\image.png.08a9c7d3622631bd0c52d021fb14edbc.png

Boogeyman:

image.png.72224a01b326d40a2543440b67da59c1.png

image.png.832f0350e053779237bbce4fa1ebd57f.png

image.png.1a410de3a048d42e5faf3c8277565d0d.png

image.png.119313673a3edada6d34c1f43e3a1608.png

image.png.d531b8dddca839cd535e4311208924ed.png

More detailed images showing him calling me a liar about these numbers and more ^ - https://imgur.com/a/dL9ndBC 

The Conclusion

Do not be like Yungie.  If you are a Micro/Nano, do not have government like Yungie.  In his 1 year+ in the game, throughout ALL of his wars he has a net profit of 11mil.  Yet here he is as Head MA for UCR.  Within 1-2 weeks a SINGLE nation was able to dumpster 8 of his members.  On top of that, he is a proven liar...not to mention bad at his ONLY job. 

image.png

In a game like PnW, respect and reliability are perhaps the only things that truly matter.  Once you have proven that your word means nothing, and that your only credentials come from a ill-founded Ego; there is no hope.

Edited by Thomas Eichhorst
formatting fun
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas Eichhorst said:

Welcome back!

Many of you may have seen Part 1 of my Manifesto - [Manifesto] Ragnar Lothbrok and the Nanosphere: A Case Study (Part 1)

I am delighted to say that the occasion for a Part 2 has presented itself.  The purpose of these Manifesto entries is to shed some light on how things can operate in the tumultuous Nano and Micro space.  In addition, we may find teachable moments to learn from.

The Introduction

It is common knowledge, at least among those who actually have any in the first place, that many players & alliances tend to have an inflated sense of power, influence, information, etc.  It is commonplace for these alliances to grow over time - ultimately finding themselves in a position where they have a decent # of players.  They do this by representing a front of competence, and grandiose promises.  These types of alliances (of which there are many) will pine on and on about caring for members and operating with their best interests at heart...sadly...this is seldom the case.  My personal favorite example of this is whenever alliances continue to buy cities for their members past c11 without UP; c16+ without AUP; and sometimes even c21+ without MUP.  This is as a result of both incompetence, as well as lack of care for members as these types of practices not only waste money for everyone involved, but dig players into a whole that they generally cannot dig themselves out of.

Yungie

This is a tale of Yungie - the "Director of Defense" of United Commerce Republic .

Once upon a time, a meager Raider - The Boogeyman - was searching for targets throughout Orbis.  You see, Mr. Boogeyman harbors no ill will towards any of his fellow inhabitants.  In fact there is honor in war.  Whether it is when he lost ~240mil forgetting to move his safekeep, or whenever receiving SOLID counters...Mr. Boogeyman is only ever happy to see those who are competent thrive.

However...there are times when certain alliances practically paint a target on their back; due to lacking the basic fundamentals of what it takes to ensure that they do not become a target for those ready to seize opportunities in the harsh world we live in.  

After a solid week or two of raiding UCR, Mr. Boogeyman was finally winding down with his raids as picking on those less fortunate for too long is shameful.  Yungie, the DiReCtOr oF dEfEnSe, did his absolute best via two rounds of counters to protect the members he cares SO much for -.-

This is how it unfolded.

The Timeline

image.thumb.png.d76d1d647dda44d8ccc40bb3b23c9764.png

Mr. Boogeyman (Thomas Eichhorst), reached out to Yungie (Baddest) hoping to secure peace following another round of successful pillaging of UCR's members.  Sadly, Mr. Boogeyman did make the mistake of writing ear instead of war.

image.thumb.png.4dbee8afa4ccecc91649fb878fc04211.png

Yungie accepts peace, after Mr. Boogeyman explains that with 12 MAPs stacked Yungie will lose many aircraft for no reason.

Yungie tells Mr. Boogeyman that the site is not loading for him.

image.thumb.png.00c68a79536492ac8f53dc7794a2fb33.png

Mr. Boogeyman explains that he will have to continue with the airstrikes before the next turn change.

image.thumb.png.e6e647682faa7dd7e3276a568f6de8e1.png

In good faith, Mr. Boogeyman informs Yungie that there is about an hour until turn change...before assuming that Yungie is asleep - deciding to honor the peace that was offered.  Yungie, being wise beyond measure, decides to renege on his word...the only thing a man has.  Sharing the loot from the war, clearly a MASSIVE blow has been dealt to Mr. Boogeyman.

Delusion V. Truth

image.png.dfc3aef9064732bb6f6af0b61b8d7076.png

image.png.0551a4166b0726b98cba841fd6054ec5.png

image.png.31b59532c1db119b418e93be6e181f08.png

\image.png.08a9c7d3622631bd0c52d021fb14edbc.png

Boogeyman:

image.png.72224a01b326d40a2543440b67da59c1.png

image.png.832f0350e053779237bbce4fa1ebd57f.png

image.png.1a410de3a048d42e5faf3c8277565d0d.png

image.png.119313673a3edada6d34c1f43e3a1608.png

image.png.d531b8dddca839cd535e4311208924ed.png

More detailed images showing him calling me a liar about these numbers and more ^ - https://imgur.com/a/dL9ndBC 

The Conclusion

Do not be like Yungie.  If you are a Micro/Nano, do not have government like Yungie.  In his 1 year+ in the game, throughout ALL of his wars he has a net profit of 11mil.  Yet here he is as Head MA for UCR.  Within 1-2 weeks a SINGLE nation was able to dumpster 8 of his members.  On top of that, he is a proven liar...not to mention bad at his ONLY job. 

image.png

In a game like PnW, respect and reliability are perhaps the only things that truly matter.  Once you have proven that your word means nothing, and that your only credentials come from a ill-founded Ego; there is no hope.

Yungie Ragnar 2.0

2 hours ago, Thomas Eichhorst said:

Whether it is when he lost ~240mil forgetting to move his safekeep, or whenever receiving SOLID counters...Mr. Boogeyman is only ever happy to see those who are competent thrive.

Yes… Thanks again for that.

Imagine if I made a post like this every time I terrorized a micro smh. the ego on this guy smh

You value honesty in this game but some ppl enjoy using social engineering to gain the upper hand in a war. You got played and he beiged you, and now you’re running to the forums to cope and seethe. Seems like Yungie is living rent free in your head. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MBaku said:

Imagine if I made a post like this every time I terrorized a micro smh. the ego on this guy smh

You value honesty in this game but some ppl enjoy using social engineering to gain the upper hand in a war. You got played and he beiged you, and now you’re running to the forums to cope and seethe. Seems like Yungie is living rent free in your head. 

I think you may have missed the cues and sarcasm throughout my post...there is a condition that some people have that makes it difficult to read social cues....what is it called again hmm....jokes.

The point of all of this is to discuss general issues via looking at specific cases, it is all in good fun.  I think you might be taking it too seriously lol

21 hours ago, theblackwolf939 said:

You say there is honour in war and that is true. But there is no honour in raiding and there is no honour in attacking nations who are less than half your size and cannot fight back. Abusing the broken mechanics is not honorable

It is not like i declared on a single person.  I fought by myself against a total of 10 members from this alliance.