Power Plant Ideas(Power Grid?)

Denison

Weird toilet thought I had, what if city power was changed. Instead of how currently power is limited per city, it was operated as a grid. Electricity wouldn't be consumed based upon infrastructure number but on population number. Older nations would consume more power because of their higher population, even at lower or equal infra levels. If you were low on power it would effect the whole nation in that it would lessen military production, max offensive military slots, electricity based economic buildings, etc. Could even add an option similar treasure trades with the ability to transfer power to other nations for cash per turn or per day. If power trading is introduced obviously there would need to be changes to the max number of power plants of certain types per city. Benefits could be smaller nations exporting power to larger nations to make a profit. Blockades would block this transfer of power and could make getting a blockade more important if your enemy doesn't have adequate power plants. This would work to stop pirates profiting from it while raiding with low infra and population, but an extra requirement could be that only c10+ could sell power to stop the c3 raiders from abusing it. Pixel huggers who want a couple more improvement slots per city might jump at this. Maybe would help add more strategic and dynamic play to the game instead of, I NEED 2 NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS PER CITY. 
Add a spy option to sabotage the power grid of a nation, which would decrease the power output of their power plants by x% until their update, it does not stack. 
Add a domestic policy to increase power production in a nation by x%.

Anyways this is just an idea I had in 5 minutes while playing COC(Clash of Clans) on my toilet. Take it as you will, maybe get some inspiration and post some of your own dumb ideas. 

Janny Larpers