Lower inflation and expand gameplay at the same time

MDM

I just realized today just how screwed up the market rlly is. I have been wanting sell large amounts of the rss that I have produced but it is way to cheap and if we are going to change it, I would rather hold onto it for a while. I think your proposals (Prefontaine) of spending rss when building cities is brilliant, but honestly should be upped a considerable amount. Since so many produce rss, clearing extra wouldn’t hurt as that would allow for production to be forced to catch up. Currently our problem is that consumption isn’t high enough to match production. So we need to make the issue that production needs to work hard to match consumption. That would drive prices, rid ourselves of underfed stockpiles that inflate the market, and would help rid ourselves of our current situation. For every nation past c20 that would have to pay for those rss, could easily afford 100 of most of those rss which you proposed. The cities should demand such as at least 750 for each and beyond 30 should be thousands. It doesn’t have to be permanent, and what I am saying will definitely not be popular, it would drastically change the production industry to start to play “catch up” to the consumption rates which would easily drive prices and increase a competitive market. 
 This would also make wars more destructive because we currently are in a situation where a devastating war can very quickly be recovered from by using super cheap and commonly available rss. This makes war a waste of time and rebuilding and building seem too easy.

I also have another suggestion that would help use up rss and money as well as increase the player interaction with their nation. The idea is to have something like a random event within a nation such as a random law suit, mining accidents, shipwrecks, commercial scandals, rss demands to build roads, etc. which could result in multiple outcomes. For the lawsuit case you could win and not have to pay anything, but no matter what, if there is an issue, the nation will now have a newly expanded “tab” or national debt which it has to pay off. This could be just some millions or millions of dollars and rss. Some events may also cause temporary loss of rss production in a city or commerce in a city. This national debt wouldn’t be outrageous but would stop nations from only growing outside of war. This system could also be eased if the player is more active, thus allowing less accidents. The national debt would be able to be paid off at any interval or time. However, whatever remaining debt has not been settled within a week, a compound interest will be added in order to spark players to seek to pay them. And lack of paying them even after certain lengths of interest could result in large economic or productive setbacks. 

This would help in a few ways:

Encourage player activity and interaction with the game.

Help slow inflation and demand more rss

Give slow hiccups to the production aspect allowing it to not go to fast and outpace consumption.

obviously this can be refined but any questions or rebuttals dm me or ask here. I’ll try to respond.

Edited by MDM
I didn’t fully express my point

As @Borg says there are many problems with this:

> RESOURCES USED FOR CITIES
Cities increase in cost exponentially. A resource sink that increases linearly whilst the $ cost increases exponentially is not a balanced sink, and will thus lose relevance as the player base shifts upwards. 

Also, the cost of resources on the open market are actually recovering to levels they were several years ago.  I don't see a resource inflation problem, based on the cost of resources at present.  Why change?

I do however, think the random event idea is very good and should be developed

===

Just a heads up, try make your suggestion a bit more readable + only suggest one thing per post

Edited by Adam II