Economic ideas

Raphael

Some economic changes in no particular order:

• Nuclear fallout changed to last 8 days per nuke to 10. I don't think the nuclear mechanics in PnW are particularly realistic so won't even touch on that, but I think currently effects should be a bit more devastating than currently.
  • Change raw resource mining output to be inverse to city count, food excluded. With whales being so economically dominant, we need to look into some sort of exchange-based economy to take some of that concentrated power away from the upper tier economically. So the lower your city count, the more raws each mine produce. The higher your city count, the less each mine produces.
  • Remove the ability to build farms in cities with less than 3000 land. It should be higher but I think this will reasonably prevent a lot of extremely bad builds especially with new players.
  • Infrastructure costs daily resource upkeep like every 100 units of infra require 2 of each manufactured resource per day.
  • Infrastructure decays over 3000 at a slow rate. Helps prevent runaway whales a bit.
  • Somehow make pollution matter more than just building hospitals.
  • Somehow make crime matter more than just building police stations.
  • Weekly flavorful decision events that give your nation varying small bonuses based on choice. +1% income here, -1% upkeep there, etc.
  • Downvote 4

17 hours ago, Marika said:
  • Change raw resource mining output to be inverse to city count, food excluded. With whales being so economically dominant, we need to look into some sort of exchange-based economy to take some of that concentrated power away from the upper tier economically. So the lower your city count, the more raws each mine produce. The higher your city count, the less each mine produces.

RPC already exists, dunno if this is a typo but I'm reading it as there's a negative multiplier as you go higher in cities?

• Remove the ability to build farms in cities with less than 3000 land. It should be higher but I think this will reasonably prevent a lot of extremely bad builds especially with new players.

This has good intentions but what I see coming from this is New Players attempting to get to 3000 land rather than stop buying farms. If this does make it in the game, what happens to existing farms on cities below 3000 land?

• Infrastructure costs daily resource upkeep like every 100 units of infra require 2 of each manufactured resource per day.
  • Infrastructure decays over 3000 at a slow rate. Helps prevent runaway whales a bit.

If you had 3000 infra, and 40 cities, your upkeep would be 1200 of each manufactured resource per day, this would probably destroy the market.

Infrastructure Decay should happen in periods of inactivity

18 hours ago, Marika said:
  • Weekly flavorful decision events that give your nation varying small bonuses based on choice. +1% income here, -1% upkeep there, etc.

Great idea, but a few questions: Is it like a separate tab where you make decisions like NationStates and it affects your nation, or is it just random events that give you these bonuses?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, Marika said:

Change raw resource mining output to be inverse to city count, food excluded. With whales being so economically dominant, we need to look into some sort of exchange-based economy to take some of that concentrated power away from the upper tier economically. So the lower your city count, the more raws each mine produce. The higher your city count, the less each mine produces.

Yes! 

This point should be more deeply analyzedthan this, but such a change would be crucial in:

1. Inreasing the economic importance of people with low city counts. micros are currently quite irrelevant economically speaking, if we could make their each individual city more economically viable, alliances would actually be more concerned with attracting and helping the newbies. 

2. Helping newbies catch-up. Self-explanatory.

3. A better, more straightforward, way of increasing the raws output of the lower tiers, instead of the current weird project that we have.