United Nations

Raphael

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I think it'd be cool to at least institute a roleplay UN in-game.

Basically just an area to propose bills that everyone in-game can vote yes or no or abstain on, with no in-game effect other than RP.

Over time I think it could fleshed out to have in-game effects but at least an RP functionality would be cool.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Justinian the Great said:

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I think it'd be cool to at least institute a roleplay UN in-game.

Basically just an area to propose bills that everyone in-game can vote yes or no or abstain on, with no in-game effect other than RP.

Over time I think it could fleshed out to have in-game effects but at least an RP functionality would be cool.

Like the WA in NS?

Screenshot_20240324_192453_650x175.webp.371a50f212b24d8a1b47b600fff6903f.webp
Hammer Councillor of The Lost Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order, Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines

I think it'd be more interesting if the UN has impacts on the game.

But instead of voting for some random bills like "animals can't be named after..." or "guns will be prohibited..." and instead vote/discuss embargoes or other kinds of punishment in case an alliance breaks NAP, or poaches memebers, gets involved in a war without a CB, is harassing players etc. Etc.

A way to condemn or even praise some alliances' behavior 

Edited by Dorian Grey

On 11/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Suyash Adhikari said:

Like the WA in NS?

ye

13 hours ago, Dorian Grey said:

I think it'd be more interesting if the UN has impacts on the game.

But instead of voting for some random bills like "animals can't be named after..." or "guns will be prohibited..." and instead vote/discuss embargoes or other kinds of punishment in case an alliance breaks NAP, or poaches memebers, gets involved in a war without a CB, is harassing players etc. Etc.

A way to condemn or even praise some alliances' behavior 

yeah I'd like to expand its functionality eventually but I think it'd be very simple to implement it as a pure RP feature first, then expand it out

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, Justinian the Great said:

I think a UN model within the game would be a great idea. 

We already have it in a non-standardized way: thier are 5-6 major blocs with leading alliances:

- Rosphere (Rose)

- Blackwater (Syndicate)

- Hollywood (TKR)

- Clock (Cat/Eclipse, idk who runs the show thier)

- OASIS (Immortals)

- Minc (Commonwealth)

Nothing happens ig without the tacit approval of these major aa, espically, the first 3, who largley run the larger political show.

Formalizing this, would at most give the system more de jure legitimacy, but still, prob wouldnt change meta much

On 11/26/2021 at 5:57 AM, Justinian the Great said:

Okay, cool.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:57 AM, Justinian the Great said:

No. The UN does not enlist the help of supernatural forces, it's a product of international politics and its influence limited to the actions of its members. Your suggestion to bake it into the game mechanics would be more like Orbis having a mysterious omnipotent politically sensitive supernatural force with a fascination and vigilance for enforcing apparent popular opinion throughout Orbis. It doesn't make any sense, it doesn't respect the game premise, and would narrow the creativity and freedom of political strategy (and like-minded players would inevitably start banging on about expanding its mechanical influence, further narrowing political play).

If you want a UN in Orbis, make one and invite players. If it doesn't work out, that's because the political climate doesn't exist to justify it (and given the disparities between real world nations and our simulated ones, it would make sense to me that it won't happen).