Are commendations/denouncements supposed to work like this?

Guest Zephyr

Guest Zephyr

I can apparently both commend and denounce nations.

V9dGlPI.png

Additionally, it is not possible to remove these once applied.

CjQplHK.png

Clicking the X initially appears to work as they change back to the thumbsup/down icons, but on page reload they reappear with X beside them still. Same effect in Firefox and Chrome (presumably latest versions as they keep themselves updated).

Guest Zephyr
5 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

I'm fairly sure the X is only there temporarily to prevent commend/denounce spamming; if you check again later it'll be gone

I'm not sure that this is true, or at least consistently. I just checked a few other nations I commended a while ago, the X remains on their nation pages for commendations. However, oddly enough there are no X icons on Leonissenbaum's nation (the one I commended and denounced at the same time, inspiring this report). I'm guessing the server removed the effect of these at some point, possibly due to the contradiction of applying both. I'm fairly certain the server changed this at a later time as I applied them while logged in on Firefox and double checked it in Chrome, which means the server delivered the page fresh to Chrome with both the X marks.

16 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I'm not sure that this is true, or at least consistently. I just checked a few other nations I commended a while ago, the X remains on their nation pages for commendations. However, oddly enough there are no X icons on Leonissenbaum's nation (the one I commended and denounced at the same time, inspiring this report). I'm guessing the server removed the effect of these at some point, possibly due to the contradiction of applying both. I'm fairly certain the server changed this at a later time as I applied them while logged in on Firefox and double checked it in Chrome, which means the server delivered the page fresh to Chrome with both the X marks.

The X is also there if you want to remove your commend/denounce, so it will stick around on nations you commend. So it's used both to remove commends/denounces and to prevent you from spamming commending/denouncing repeatedly

• Like 1

Guest Zephyr
8 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

The X is also there if you want to remove your commend/denounce, so it will stick around on nations you commend. So it's used both to remove commends/denounces and to prevent you from spamming commending/denouncing repeatedly

Okay, this may explain all the behaviour witnessed. I still think being able to apply both at the same time is weird and buggy, but based on what you're saying I'm guessing there are technical limitations which lead to this approach. Thanks.