In the name of the Emperor

Ikhan

Unus enim Deus, unus et imperium, una religio

Greetings to whomever reads/hears this. My name is Stefan Antonis, representative of his Imperial Majesty, Baselius Alexios VII of the Eastern Roman Empire. Today, I simply wish to help those who know little of our nation, of our history, of our culture. As such, I shall begin.
 It began in the year 1071, with the battle of Manzikert, in which Roman forces managed, against all odds, to secure a victory over the Seljuk Invaders, killing their leader, Alp Arslan, in the process. This was, by all means, a miracle, seeing as half of the Roman army had deserted prior, or at least, so it seemed. Anyways, for the next nine centuries, the empire prospered, gaining back much of it's land in the Levant and Egypt, at least until the Great War. It was in that war that the Empire was truly tested, and with that, much of the empire was lost to revolts. Thankfully, those lands were maintained under the empire's economic control, if only just. We are now on the verge of a new era, one in which the people are gaining more of a say in the matters of the state, with calls for a parliament to be established in Constantinople. That is all for today, come back later for more info on the Empire.

Edited by Johan III