A Minor Hiccup

Eva-Beatrice

In a small almost circular room located somewhere outside the observable dimension, a group of seven was seated in grandiose chairs situated around the room. They appeared to be drinking tea and snacking whilst conversing amongst each other. The group was the Witch Council, Rokkenjima’s governing body. Five of the seven shared both the ranks of Golden and Endless Witch, the former of which only obtainable by solving the riddle of Rokkenjima’s epitaph many years ago. The other two were much more powerful, sharing the title of Voyager Witch. Witches with this title are able to freely travel between dimensions at will.

As their chat continued, another person warped into the room. He was a tall, stylish man with somewhat long black hair and blue eyes. He wore a monocle over his left eye, and bowed as he entered. “My apologies for interrupting you all, but I have received a report that must be brought to your attention.” The man’s name was Ronove, and he served as the personal butler of the Witch Council. He handed the report off to Bernkastel, the one seated closest to him. “If you’ll excuse me.” Ronove bowed once more before warping away. Bernkastel looked over the report, emotionless as ever. “So, what’s it say?” Ange asked her. Bern placed the report on the table in the center of the room, taking a sip of tea. “It would seem we have some uninvited guests.”

Her statement caught the attention of everyone present. Without needing to be told to, Bern continued. “Crestia Bel did some extensive research into the foreign visitors who have arrived since Rokkenjima opened its doors. After checking with Hungadada’s Department of Foreign Affairs, it would appear that the number of people who had been confirmed to travel here doesn’t match with the number of those who actually came.” Beatrice narrowed her eyes. “So that would mean…” Ange interrupted her. “Spies. Do we know from where?” Bern shook her head. “Their country of origin is unknown. The only information we have on them is their names and their activities since arriving here.” Eva picked up the report and looked over it. “Hmm, I see. So the one by the name of Hadassah Hartman is the person responsible for that murder a few weeks back.” She chuckled. “And they thought we didn’t notice. A murder taking place in a country with an almost non-existent crime rate.”

Ange was the next one to read the report. “Joanna Shaffer – responsible for leading the only gang in the entire country. Hardly unnoticeable.” Gaap also looked it over. “Lia Shelton – the leader of the failure of a protest regarding supposed human segregation in Rokkenjima.” She chuckled. “I wonder if they know how little of a threat they actually pose.” Lambda popped a piece of hard candy in her mouth, looking at Eva. “So, what’re we gonna do? Though, I’m pretty sure I already know the answer.” Eva grinned. “Kill them, of course.” Virgilia spoke up. “While I am against this course of action, I’m also aware that I’m greatly outnumbered here.” Eva spoke again. “Wherever these idiots are from, it is important we send the message that Rokkenjima will not tolerate such actions. Night Raid has been responsible for keeping track of their activities and locations since their arrival. I’ll give them the order to eliminate the three, as well as snuff out and destroy all gang members operating in Rokkenjima. Any objections?” Virgilia sighed, but chose to say nothing. Everyone else seemed to agree with Eva’s decision. “Great. Then I’ll inform Night Raid to act as soon as they’re ready.”

Later that night, a report detailing Night Raid’s ordered assassinations was delivered to the Witch Council which read:

“Lia Shelton – Status: Deceased – Stabbed through the heart from behind with Murasame.
Hadassah Hartman – Status: Deceased – Shot through the head by Pumpkin at a distance of 100 yards.
Joanna Shaffer – Status: Deceased – Skull crushed with the assistance of Lionel. 111 gang members associated with her found and sliced through at the waist with Extase.”

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."