Operation Winter's End

Ikhan

With the liberation of Stockholm, Operation Winter's End can finally begin. However, it shall not be led by General James Thornton, who is being tried for War Crimes by an International Tribunal. As such, Emperor Sutta Taral has decided to take personal command of Akaatan and Coalition forces. Having been a proven commander, Sutta served in many wars, both on Orbis and on other worlds. His methods, while sometimes harsh, do get results without the worry of too many civilian casualties. Upon arrival in Stockholm, he came to realize just what the general had done, and he was completely disappointed. However, time was a precious commodity, as the rebels had gained access to Swedish nuclear weapons capable of wiping out the capitals of all allied powers with ease. As such, for the first time in many years, the full might of the Imperial military will come crashing down upon an enemy force on Orbis III. Already, four Akaatan divisions have been sent to assist in the invasion of Finland and Northern Norway, alongside several tanks, artillery pieces, and shuttles. With the supplies delivered, the invasion of Finland and Northern Norway can commence.

Day 1 - 0300 hours - Åland Islands
 Akaatan forces arrive in the Åland island chain in order to provide a staging ground for allied forces to attack the rebels in Finland. In the meantime, Coalition forces are making the push towards Nordkapp. Casualties high for coalition forces.
Day 1 - 1000 hours - Åland Islands
Akaatan forces enter Kumlinge, where they are greeted by Swedish citizens. With this, the Åland Islands have been liberated, and Allied forces can begin to arrive in the region before moving on to Finland. Coalition forces are making some progress, however, they were hit with a major blizzard, so progress has stalled somewhat. Current casualties for Coalition forces are around 50 in the march north, while Akaatan casualties are around 10. Only one civilian has died in the fighting so far.

Soldier's note
 "So, I don't know that this might get as publicly recognized as many other letters, me being a clone and all, but I will try. My... designation is CC 6473460, or as my brothers call me, 'Tyth'. I was... born on the moon of Kal'kad, Kal'mir, a world covered in water, as were all of my brothers thirty years ago. Thanks to my accelerated aging, I might look like I am in my late 50's, but I am actually as healthy as a thirty year old man. Given that we are Akaatan clones, and not clones of Orbisians, that is no problem, seeing as we have about half of the average Akaatan's lifespan, but that's besides the point. I arrived with my division in the city that the natives call "Stockholm", where we prepared to liberate Åland. Once the order had been given, we boarded our shuttles and were flown to Åland with several tanks. We took the islands within seven hours. Once this had been done, we received a most special visitor: Emperor Sutta Taral himself. He stated to us that he was taking full command of the Operation and that he would be leading us in Finland. I must say, it is an honor to serve with such a powerful being, but his presence is... a bit frightening. You see, he can command several bodies at once, and the one he appeared with looks like the one he had when he was cybernetically repaired. Anyways, this is CC 6473460, signing off."

16 minutes ago, Darth Saarai said:

Upon arrival in Stockholm, he came to realize just what the general had done, and he was completely disappointed.

"I'm not mad at you for killing all those people, I'm just disappointed."

This is very small

Day 7 - 0400 hours - Finland
Akaatan forces have reached Helsinki, Tampere, and Pori. Akaatan casualties are around 100, while Civilian casualties are estimated to be around 50. Rebel forces have taken 5,000. Coalition forces have reached the city of Stojord. Coalition casualties are around 6,000, while civilian casualties are currently unknown, but estimated to be around 40. Rebel forces are also unknown at this time.

Day 14 - 1200 hours - Finland
Akaatan forces have reached Oulu and Kuusamo, while Coalition forces have reached as far as Hesseng. Akaatan special forces unit "Aleph Squad" has been deployed in the outskirts of Murmansk alongside Emperor Taral and two other squads with the following orders: Deactivate the Nuclear weapons before they can be launched, Capture and/or kill the Rebel leadership in the city, and finally, free Ciel Wolf. Aleph Squad has been ordered to free Ciel Wolf, while "Kaph Squad" has been ordered to deactivate the nuclear weapons. Seeing as the rebel leadership is probably located where they are hiding Ciel, Emperor Taral and "Tyth Squad" will be accompanying Aleph Squad in their mission. Before departing, Emperor Taral gave a speech to the troops in both Norway and Finland.

Emperor Taral's speech

"It is said that the Coalition military under General Thornton was responsible for a genocide in Norway, that countless atrocities were committed against civilian targets. However, under my command, we have saved many lives! Now that we have confirmation of nuclear weapons in Murmansk, we know our true mission. We must deactivate the nuclear weapons and spare future generations from a far worse fate than death! I have seen the detestation caused by these weapons on countless worlds! There is a planet that has been uninhabitable for four thousand years because of these weapons! We MUST prevent this from happening here, lest we are to see millions, if not billions, of people die in a most horrible manner! Therefore, I am taking up command of a mission that will bring the end of the rebellion with haste. The leaders of the rebellion shall feel the wrath of a nation who will not allow genocide once more! This concerns YOU, leaders of the rebellion which has caused the death of millions: I... Come for you! And to Ciel Wolf, we will find you, and when we do, you will be free once more. Thank you, and... what was the term that natives use again? Oh, right, good luck."